Hotel Saint-Barth Isle de France

JEK

Senior Insider
St. Barts hotel expands bungalows

By Gay Nagle Myers
The Hotel Saint-Barth Isle de France on St. Barts expanded two of the 15 bungalows in the garden section of the property to villa-size units, accommodating up to six people each.

Each villa is 1,568 square feet and features two bedrooms, a full kitchen and a large living room that opens onto a deck with a private pool.

Services of a private chef and babysitters can be arranged.

Villa rates start at $2,740 per night.

We stayed at IDF the first two times we came to the island. We could not afford the ocean front sea view rooms and ended up with a partial view, over near the laundry area, overlooking the tennis courts. Still it was close to $8000 a day, breakfast included about 10 years ago. The facilities then were very nice, with the Vicar coming everyday with his wife and little dogs. The breakfast was very good and included with the room. The lunches and dinners were excellent but at a cost. The parking was difficult then as it is today. Today it is Valet only where as then it was DIY. We remember a lot of mosquitoes as the Hotel, even though it is on the beach, as the hills block the wind when you are staying in off the beach rooms. Today as we all know the Hotel has had significant investments over the last several years as has the Taiwana and the location has become one of the most luxurious on the island.

Annexation was tried last year, and failed despite a boatload of money being offered. Expect a new offer to be made this year, with a bigger boat. The two are very different properties. At IDF most of the rooms are across the street and are Garden View. At Taïwana, all of the rooms are on the same side of the street and are Ocean View. Combined, they make an interesting pairing. If annexed, I would expect one restaurant to survive for dinner, but two (three if you count the IDF beach restaurant) to survive for breakfast/lunch.

IDF was our first stay on the isle also...and where we met Mr. and Mrs. IV...their first trip also. Great deal in the dead of summer!

I hope Louis VUITTON will keep it for years and I hope it shows that our island can still think of its future with prosperity... I am thinking of Carl Gustaf, and Grand cul de sac places... I really hope this places would have a great future.

I hope Louis VUITTON will keep it for years and I hope it shows that our island can still think of its future with prosperity... I am thinking of Carl Gustaf, and Grand cul de sac places... I really hope this places would have a great future.

Unfortunately, LVMH is planning to combine IDF and Taiwana into one big mega resort.

IDF has 40 rooms and Taiwana has 22. Even at 62 rooms, I'm not sure that I'd call it a mega resort. As long as it's LVMH that owns it, and not someone like Sandals, I'm not too worried.

We read in the last section of today's WSJ that the biggest most expensive suites are in high demand. The hotels no longer use them as a perk for the leader of a large group to stay in because they can seek them at full price. Many hotels such as IDF have added additional large suites as these are the ones that are renting out the fastest. VIPs like them for the privacy and I guess there are more well heeled people out there who can afford them.

what are the chances of this annexation coming to be? kinda bumms me out. We always look to Taiwana for a fab beach day and stayed there in 2012 - seriously, we felt like kings. the two places are just radically different.

what are the chances of this annexation coming to be? kinda bumms me out. We always look to Taiwana for a fab beach day and stayed there in 2012 - seriously, we felt like kings. the two places are just radically different.

With enough money anything is possible!

Whitewashed hotel building at Isle de France St Barts is located on the beachfront and its famous among the tourist who come in France,,and i also visited last year such a nice and superb place that is..