• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

January 22, 2014, Dinner at L'Isola

phil62

Senior Insider
We are in Gustavia for a simple change of pace dinner at a very special destination-L'Isola. After many nights of French fare, we opt for an Italian dining experience.

The dimly lit dining room at L'Isola. Some think it romantic, some may think it eyesight challenging. I opt for the candlelight and romance. You may want to bring iphones and mini flashlights to boost the lighting.
1-P1020378.JPG

The creamy fresh burratta and ripe red tomato wedges were excellent
3-P1020381.JPG

I had the spaghetti with local lobster chunks in a tomato sauce that was light and allowed the lobster taste to blossom on the palate.
1-P1020379.JPG

Phil had a hearty bowl of fettucini Bolognese topped with freshly ground Parmesan cheese.
3-P1020380.JPG

A nice walk to the car and a leisurely drive home under a star studded sky capped another special night. Ahhh, St Bart!

Bravo! Something about this review has pushed this restaurant up to "must do" for next trip! Especially the lobster in pasta, the romance, and the leisurely stroll under the stars :)

Divine! That lobster spaghetti is making my day!!!!

Kat....my first trip to L'Isola was November 2013 and it is now on my "must do" list. It is a most elegant and scrumptious dining experience.

We went in November and it is now on our must do list. But we will remember the cell phone next time

That langouste spaghetti gets my vote, too - one of my favorite meals in our trip last month!