Dinner at Le Carré

elgreaux

Senior Insider
Next to last night at Le Carré before they too close, so a little group got together for dinner. The special appetizer was a winner with tuna carpaccio with olive oil and lemon with tiny slivers of parmesan and prosciutto... no food photos but here's the group, with a change of photographer from shot one to two,... Rod and Donna shared some of their travel stories and Mandy and Brandon are a lovely young couple from Las Vegas who aren't yet on the forum but I think they will be soon...

lecarre1.jpg

left to right: Mandy, Brandon, Jennifer (purple jeep), Ellen, Rod, Donna, and Rosemond (in front)

leCarré2.jpg

left to right: Donna, Mandy, Brandon, Jennifer (purple jeep), Franck, Ellen, and Rod

Nice! And Bon Vacances to Franck and his staff! I'm looking forward to seeing them again in November.

It was a really fun evening Ellen - and so nice to meet Rod, Donna, Mandy and Brandon. Thanks for including me!!

Ellen. Thanks so much for putting this together. Always great getting to spend some time with you and Rosemond. Love you guys. Great meeting Jennifer as well. Very very nice. Almost as laid back as I am. And the kids, Mandy and Brandon? Too cute. My wife really hit it off with Mandy. She would actually consider a return trip to Las Vegas and she really doesn't like Vegas. Good for me because I love it. Anyway, great way to spend our final evening. Great company and great food. Really cool place. Tasted my wife's beef tartare. Believe it was the best I ever had.

ditto Rod it was a fun evening, but didn't you order the beef tartar, I think Donna had the pork special???

ditto Rod it was a fun evening, but didn't you order the beef tartar, I think Donna had the pork special???
Very sharp Ellen. You are like my wife. You could be a detective. You guys don't miss a trick. I actually forgot that I ordered the beef. Turns out Donna liked the beef better than the pork and exercised her option as wife to switch meals on me. So yes, Donna ordered the pork special but HAD the beef tartar. LOL. Fortunately for me the pork was very good as well but the little taste I had of the beef tartar was out of this world.

you guys are very funny! luckily Rosemond and I ordered the same thing.. I guess I missed the switcheroo at your end of the table... you had the tartar last I saw it...

Wish we could have joined you. Looks like a fantastic evening with fantastic folks. Le Carré is officially a favorite of ours right now.

Really nice shots of the group . . . and glad to see Rosemond in one of them, for a change! Sorry to have missed your gathering -- so little time and so many restaurants!

Hey guys we finally joined the forums! What a great memory. It was so nice to spend that evening with all of you.

B & M, welcome to the forum.. hope to see you soon. And a lot has happened since that photo.. they now have a darling baby boy! a little over six months old I think... can't wait to meet him :)

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the new little one, B&M. You picked a great spot to dine back in 2013 and even greater diners to join! Any plans to return to St Barths?

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the new little one, B&M. You picked a great spot to dine back in 2013 and even greater diners to join! Any plans to return to St Barths?

Yes! Our 5th trip to SBH was just confirmed. We decided it was time to share paradise with loved ones, so we are bringing both sets of our parents August 20-27.

B&M . . . I'll be arriving on the 21st -- Eddy's closing night dinner is that evening. It's always a fun night. Perhaps we can meet for a glass of wine during your visit.

B&M . . . I'll be arriving on the 21st -- Eddy's closing night dinner is that evening. It's always a fun night. Perhaps we can meet for a glass of wine during your visit.

Do it, B&M! Spending time with Dennis Carlton is a treat!! (You can slip me a $20 later, friend... ;) )

Yes! Our 5th trip to SBH was just confirmed. We decided it was time to share paradise with loved ones, so we are bringing both sets of our parents August 20-27.

Wow...I got chills when I read this. Great memories are about to be made! Y'all are good kids. :)