Say a prayer for an island friend's speedy recuperation

JEK

Senior Insider
Tim and I recently learned from Andy Hall that our dear Lorient friend Pascal Gumbs was in a terrible accident on the island that resulted in the loss of his leg below the knee. He is recuperating in Guadeloupe and will then go to Paris for a prosthesis. An avid walker along Lorient beach, he pledges to be there again soon walking with his new leg.

8557663550_8a9fad3a76_k.jpg

6774198204_446fc2728e_o.jpg

3320505518_d001e305bd_o.jpg

We also wish Pascal a speedy recovery. Although we've never formally met, I would see him walking almost every morning when we're at Sea Breeze, and we always exchanged waves and greetings.

Phil

I sometimes chatted with Pascal as he walked the beach in Lorient.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Strong in body and spirit, I have great faith our friend will recover and be back walking Lorient Beach in the next few months:up:

Spoke with Pascal this morning and he was preparing for a skin graft on his "good" leg where the skin was severely abraded in the accident. In three weeks he is off to Paris for the prosthesis and more rehab, with not a € out of his pocket, including flights. He is so happy to be alive and thankful his friends are handling his business back on St. Barth.

Right after Pascal, I rang Marius, who has two sore shoulders and a sore leg. I told him it was from all the dancing, waving and kissing for 12 hours non-stop :) He said he abstained during his big day imbibing only fruit juices - not a drop of champagne or Ti Punch!