20 Most IMportant Restaurants in America

JEK

Senior Insider
Screen Shot 2013-02-13 at 3.07.41 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2013-02-13 at 3.07.54 PM.jpg

Avec? I don't get it. Avec wouldn't make the top 20 in Chicago. Nice place, but nothing all that special.

Eleven Madison Park-still living up to the rave reviews! Nice to see they continue to flourish.

Instead of Avec, I would do Topolobampo, which matters because it shows that Mexican food can be as outstanding as French food. It really has been made changes in the way people approach food.

Alinea of course deserves to be on the list since consistently has been both innovative and outstanding. Our two meals at Alinea were our two best meals anywhere.

Only two for me.

Anyway, when did the girl from The Wonder Years get all tatted up and become a bartender?

Four for me....but that includes Shake Shake (twice). We were going to try to hit Mission Chinese this weekend but no reservations are available, and on a short trip I hate to waste time waiting on line. Instead we have a 1:00 PM at The Modern :)

Only two for me.

Anyway, when did the girl from The Wonder Years get all tatted up and become a bartender?

She's not.
She's actually a mathematician, and I believe working on her doctorate. Did a book recently on "math for chicks" or some such.