Nora Jones and John Hiatt at World Cafe

andynap

Senior Insider
This weekend at the World Cafe Live- will be broadcast on NPR

The artists at this weekend's anniversary shows are good examples: John Hiatt, Indigo Girls, and the Little Willies (with Norah Jones) on Friday; Feist and Dawes on Saturday; and Sunday, with a special show for major 'XPN donors, Rhett Miller, Amos Lee, Susan Tedeschi, and Derek Trucks (all shows will be broadcast on 'XPN).

looks like a great lineup....

saw Rhett Miller this summer at Beachcomber..great show....have seen Susan T and she is really good in concert...just saw Amos Lee...and will be seeing John Hiatt in a week

World Cafe is a really funky venue- on the campus of the University of Pennsylvania and celebrating its 20th anniversity. A neat place.

Wow! We'll be watching.

As for Lucinda Williams, so great. Favorite moment was when she chatted with our grandkids. "Her music is so cool and she's so nice." Yep.

Sometimes ya just have to smile at those trans-generational moments. :)

BTW. John Gorka might night be a bad show a few nights after. IMHO.

I can't believe the tix prices for all of these shows. OK. Well worth it if ya have the time and money.

Voosh said:
I can't believe the tix prices for all of these shows. OK. Well worth it if ya have the time and money.

Concerts have become extremely expensive. Typically, XPN concerts are much lower. I think because of the number of good performers, the tickets pricers are steeper than usual.

Unfortunately, the $12/month I donate to XPN public radio does not qualify me as a high donor for some of the events.

I agree, Lucinda Williams is hugely talented.

Voosh said:

not everywhere Vooshie.....we paid for 38 bucks for Amos Lee which got us 12th Row seats
John Hiatt next week was 42 bucks....10th Row

not everywhere

Wow----this looks great! I will look for the NPR broadcast on NPR.

Lucinda Williams is my favorite female vocalist. Would love to see her live sometime. She played at the 9:30 Club in DC last spring, but it was a work night for me.... Car Wheels on a Gravel Road is my favorite CD.

She is up here playing next week....there are only so many shows I can go to, so John Hiatt won out over her next week....but she puts on a great show

Just saw this post..

I love Lucinda Williams too! Would love to see her come to our area. We have a great small venue and ticket prices are similar to what Miker shared. Our trouble is securing acts to come to the area (usually when they are traveling too/from Philly.

Also love Susan Tedeschi and have seen her several times with various iterations of the Dead.

Susan T is a Cape Cod girl, so we get to see her quite often...her cover of Bob Dylans "Dont Think Twice" is so good......in that NPR show, Derek Trucks, who she is playing with, is her husband....he of Allman Bros fame

Mike R, I'm glad you mentioned Susan Tedeschi's version of Don't Think Twice, It's Alright. It is my favorite version of the song (and that includes the original).

agree...100%

with the Four Seasons version being the absolute worse...and I love the Four Seasons

Isn't she wonderful? We saw her outdoors about ten years ago in New Haven. And, how to say? Hats off to the Four Seasons for the sheer audacity of laying one of recording history's biggest eggs with "Don't Think Twice..." A rare misstep for a great group.