IPad question?

Some Apps have a separate "HD" version (for $$$) that's designed for the iPad.

I've deleted almost all the iPod/iPhone Apps from the iPad that don't take advantage of the full screen.

I agree that without the full screen the experience is diminished. Facebook only comes in small size so I use that. Many of the great ones are free

yeah I would agree with that....

so tell me your top ten apps...I already know I have to get the bird one that my older daughter got Lena addicted to

Angry Birds isn't scaled for iPad, but it works.
Flipboard is one of the best out - Facebook and more.
Google Earth
Dropbox
FlightTrack Pro $$
iGo North America GPS $$$$, but you get a map refresh 4 times a year. Better than any car or Garmin GPS
Xe elements table - amazing app
NASA
USA Today
WSJ (subscription)
BBC News
CNN
CNBC realtime
Wash Post subscription
NY Times
NPR
E*Trade Mobile Pro
Netflix
Kindle
Weatherbug

Angry Birds have a separate HD ($4.99) and iPhone/iPod versions. I refused to pay the $4.99 and have Angry Birds Seasons HD instead ($1.99).

Air Video (Streams from the media Mac Mini in the living room)
Zinio (magazines)
Wired, Vanity Fair
Numbers, Keynote, Pages (Apple's iWork for iPad)
Friendly (Facebook)
1Password
DropBox
Remove (Control iTunes from the iPad)
PhotoPad
OnTheFly (ITA Software), Kayak HD

Angry Birds Seasons HD
Cut The Rope HD

BBC News, HS (finnish newspaper), NZ Herald

Terra (Alternative browser, Apple's Safari on the iPad isn't that great, especially the reloading of tabs is really annoying)

Plus a number of Apps in the folders but they don't get used that much. Some of the above (Terra and Friendly) have found their way to the dock.

OffMaps has worked quite fine for my navigation needs. I usually don't need directions, I just want to know where we are and I can figure out the route myself. And I need navigation mainly abroad, thus pre-loaded maps.

does iGoNorthAmerica have ocean going charts and maps like Garmin does?

sounds good....thanks guys

I can take about 30 minutes then have to put it up. I am not as addicted as may are.