Blackberry Drama

MIke R

Senior Insider
so today was the last straw......I'm on my way to the airport to pick up my daughter and unbeknownst to me my Storm didnt go to screensaver and because of that drained the battery down to nothing..so now I have no way of calling to see where she is....if the flight is on time etc....so I run into a Verizon store and buy a car charger cord and finally get enough of a charge to make calls...barely...

so when I got home I called Verizon and went completely psycho on them and told them I absolutely do not want another Storm and if they cant send me another phone other than a storm I want my contract canceled immediately...so of course I had to go up the managerial ladder and be put on hold forever with each and every rung up....

but the upshot is they are sending me a Blackberry Tour..

anyone have one?...or know anything about it?....

I have a Blackberry Bold. I think the Tour is the same (it looks the same) but for CDMA which is the Verizon system rather than GSM which is the AT&T system. It's a good phone. To save battery power it's a good idea to close the browser after use so the power-hungry data service isn't active.

I have had a Tour for about 2 weeks and like it. My Palm Treo was about 3 years old and falling apart. I think you will enjoy it once you get use to it.

I'm almost liking my Bold. The only thing that really sucks about it is that it isn't an iPhone. I like the iPhone much better. The only thing that I like better about the Bold is the keyboard.

The Tour appears to be an upgraded Bold with no wi-fi. Better camera, faster processor, better battery, less onboard memory but more flash memory, has GSM capability so you can turn it on for SBH (yeah I know about outbound calls, but Lena could call you).

thanks guys.... sounds good

Kevin, forget about turning it on n SBH... its just not going to happen... we will call Lena when we get the time on Saturday or Sunday with our ( AndyNaps ) phone card...I agree about the iPhone..as soon as Verizon gets it I will be all over it...the iPhone is our boat phone and the thing works all the time, everytime, the way its supposed to....

I have to say Verizon handled this whole thing with very good customer service.. this was my third replacement Storm, I was not happy and that was coming through crystal clear, and they handled me well, and solved the problem quickly.. other than the going up the managerial ladder with the holds, but that was by my request...cant ask for more than that

Actually, the "blackberry Drama' ain't a bad name for a phone, miker....

I switched to a BB from the Treo 6-8 months ago. couldn't be happier. it's a tool, and it does what it's supposed to do well.

got the Blackberry Tour and I have to say I am very impressed...blows the Storm away...the little swivel mouse was easy to get used to..
my only complaint is there doesn't seem to be a way of deleting multiple numbers of junk emails at once, which you can do on a touch screen...

and I still cannot log on to this site with this Blackberry either, which I wish the tech people in here who promised me they would fix that ...would fix that

Mike R said:
and I still cannot log on to this site with this Blackberry either, which I wish the tech people in here who promised me they would fix that ...would fix that

I told you to get an iPhone, works great :) Now, what are your symptoms when using your inferior product?

I know that..I cant get what isn't available to me!!!!..the second it is..I will..as I have said before the iPhone is our boat phone so I am very familiar with how well it works

when I press Login..it simply doesn't respond..every other icon on the site does respond....but not Login..same thing happened to my Storm

Try this:
To People having a problem with some web pages.

___Try going opening browser. Press the menu button go to "Browser Configuration". Make sure all check boxes are checked especially "Allow JavaScript popups". Under Browser Idetification switch it to "Internet Explorer". Then exit and save. Also do this for your saved bookmarks(they have their own settings too).
___It will run a bit slower then the "mobile" pages but you will be able to see most pages. I needed to be this to be able to sign into "Citibank.com".

Try this:

Open up the BlackBerry Browser.
Hit the BlackBerry Button.
Scroll to Options.
Select Browser Configuration.
Click the checkbox for Support JavaScript.
Exit and Save.
Go to SBHOnline and logon.

PS - The site looks much better on an iPhone, but you know that already.

and lose whatever browser homepage was set on the phone by the carrier....

My new BB came w Bing. Nothing against MS, but it was reset to Google Mobile.

that worked...I tried changing the Browser to Firefox but for some reason I could log in but my mouse was really slow, almost inoperable...so I tried IE and that was much better