My husband and I will be in Palm Springs for 2 nights in a couple weeks, any restaurant suggestions? Thanks!

LindaP

Senior Insider
palm springs

My husband and I will be in Palm Springs for 2 nights in a couple weeks, any restaurant suggestions? Thanks!

Re: palm springs

Linda, we always enjoy dining outdoors at John Henry's, 1785 E. Taquitz. Locally owned, and offers a vast menu of very good food at good prices. This spot is very popular with Palm Springs residents. Just a small sign outside, so it is easy to miss. Ron and I try to get to the Palm Springs/Palm Desert area once or twice each year (late spring and fall to extend our summer) and didn't discover John Henry's until a friend of ours told us that their part time P.S.resident friends took them there.

LeVallauris, www.levallauris.com is a lovely French restaurant with exquisite food and service in Palm Springs proper. (They also have a Palm Desert restaurant, Le Saint Germain.) $$$$ 325 W. Taquitz Canyon Way. 325-5059 for LeVallauris.

Melvyn's is a trip back to the "Rat Pack" era. Very good food (Dover Sole) a fun bar and lounge. A piano player, and dancing most nights. It is in the Ingelside Inn, 200 W. Ramon, owned by Mel Haber...who is usually there on weekends. Quite a character, who has a book with delightful stories about his lodging and restaurant experience. You can use their swimming pool and order lunch poolside. We were there for our 10th and 20th wedding anniversaries.

We always try to get to Tyler's for Great burgers and wonderful egg salad sandwiches. Tyler's is only open for lunch, an outdoor spot with misters, in the middle of a parking lot, between Palm Canyon and Indian Canyon.

Tony's Pasta Mia is our favorite for Italian. It is along Palm Canyon, with a pink awning. Very casual, sit outside...good pastas, love the chicken piccata.
It seems it has been there for years.

Ruby's diner for breakfast....they use cinnamon bread for their French toast. On Palm Canyon.

Enjoy! Ha...I've been trying to twist Ron's arm for a last minute get-away to the area for our anniversary 10 days from now!