Winning Wine of the Weekend

Dennis

Senior Insider
The winner is:
Au Bon Climat
2001 Hildegard White Wine
Description: This is a unique, textural, and complex wine with hints of lavender, marzipan, violets, and white chocolate aromas. A great food wine popular with restaurants. An historical blend of Pinot Gris, Pinot Blanc and Aligote.

Went great with the Lobster Eggs Benedict yesterday!

Tegrimo Castel Pietraio..it was alright..a Toscana red...

the Poullly Fume was better...so were the Mimosas at the brunch

2003 Vieilles Vignes Sancerre at MC Perkins Cove in Ogunquit for pre-Easter dinner. It went very well with the tuna and halibut that we had.

The pre-Easter and Easter lunches of lobster rolls and rum punches at Barnacle Billy's were even better.

I got a care package from the Cape....2 lobsters, 2 dozen littlenecks, a pound of scallops......sauteed all the seafood in a white wine, olive oil, butter, lemon, garlic concoction...boiled up some angel hair.....voila...fruita del mar...with a Honey Baked Ham and a big caesar salad as well....Wendi baked a, from scratch, killer carrot cake.....

all washed down with a nice Malteverne Domaine de Poully Fume...followed by Dunkin Donut coffee and Baileys/MBolo Rhum in the coffee...followed by a Remy

Murphy-Goode claret with dinner and Louis XIII after dinner- zzzzzzzzz. My daughter-in-law made dessert- bread pudding made with croissants, raisins , nuts and chantilly cream- I'm afraid to get weighed.