• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Does anybody know the current pricing on Winair tickets for Jan/ Feb. & what is the difference in $ between Winair & other Airlines serving SBHThanks

nickthedog

SBH Insider
Winair Prices?

Does anybody know the current pricing on Winair tickets for Jan/ Feb. & what is the difference in $ between Winair & other Airlines serving SBH
Thanks
Nick

Re: Winair Prices?

Nick,
I paid $176.60/roundtrip ticket for our Jan/Feb '03 trip (SXM - SBH) on Winair. Air Caraibes might have been slightly less, but Winair's numerous flight times & our past successes with them were the deciding factors. Plus we're using FF miles for 2 free roundtrip tickets to SXM on Delta's new service, so prices for air b/w SXM & SBH, rental car and accommodations were less of an issue this year.
Eric

Thanks Eric,some one told me that St. Barths Commuter was $ 100.00 round trip but I haven't been able to contact them.
Nick

Nick,
Our biggest problem has always been that we usually arrive on SXM early PM so in order to get to SBH in one day we are at the mercy of "the schedule". It's nice to finally get on SBH and get off "the schedule"!
Winair affords us some flexibility, but the $100 fare from St. Barths Commuter sounds very reasonable. I may be wrong, but it seems to me that in Nov. 2000 I only paid around $300 total for my wife & I as well as our 2 children. Now that's affordable airfare.
Eric

Hi Eric, I just heard from St. Barths Commuter and their round trip is 90 euros per person but they only have 1 flight from SXM to SBH at 3:30 pm. Their flight from SBH to SXM is at 12 noon. Winair tickets thru Caribbean Connections are $ 197.00 round trip and are scheduled to go up today
Nick

Wow, Winair's prices seem to rise by the day!! What a monopoly they have.

I have been thinking about creating a separate forum (which you could easily access my clicking on "Main Index") that would allow people to post the day/time of the charter flights they have booked to see if they can find others to share the costs. My hesitation is that I think it is unlikely that there will be enough people arriving on the same day (and at the SAME TIME) to make this a feasible solution but I am happy to set it up if others think it would be helpful. Let me know.

I was ready to purchase Winair through Carib Connex but called US Air (that's who I'm flying from BWI) and they charged me only $127 p/p. Pretty big savings I think, might be worth a phone call.

Hi Lynn. when are you flying down to SBH? as the local airlines have sales in the off season. A few weeks ago Winair was advertising RT for $ 90.00, off season
Nick