• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

We have been to Sbh a number of times and have eaten at the majority of the Restaurants.We love the Lobster casserole at Gloritte,ect.We get rice with

G

favorite meals

We have been to Sbh a number of times and have eaten at the majority of the Restaurants.We love the Lobster casserole at Gloritte,ect.We get rice with it and it's tough to beat.However,as long as we have reviewed the forums we have only heard generic advice about best and favorite restaurants.[some suggest meals they liked].I recall a post against Do Brasil and Phil saying he loved yhe same meal.That's fine.I have gotten a bit undully courageous when ordering and regretted it.Query,what are your favorite meals and at what restaurants?Michael. sconn9599@comcast.net

Re: favorite meals

Ti St Barth - Boeuf au sel for two (Food quality may have changed recently, but this was their delicious special)
Fran

So many meals over the years...mmmm...

1) BBQ Ribs and great blues at PiriPiri Palace
2) Green mango salad and locals at Eddy's
3) Roquefort salad, poisson grille and tarte au citron at Lafayette Club with our toes in the sand
4) Mussels and frites at La Marine on Thursday nights
5) Tuna tartare and flourless chocolate cake at Maya's
6) Real Dover sole, impecable duck breast and the BEST potatoes on the island (mille feuille, galette, scallopped, au gratin, any kind they prepare) and the nicest most hospitable host Adam and family at Le Sapotillier
7) Wood oven pizza at L'Escale, when you can't eat another piece of fish, duck or lamb
8) Anything at L'Esprit de Saline
9) A cheeseburger or steak frites followed by cafe glace for lunch at Le Repair
10) Grilled fish, cold chablis and two-three hours for lunch at Eden Rock Sandbar under the watchful eye of lovely hostess Sandrine
11) Breakfast in our villa. Hot coffee, warm croissants and pain au chocolat
12) Whole roast chicken and corn on the cob (!) at Le Pirate
13) Lunch in our villa - roast chicken, cold salads, runny cheese and cold Caribe

And gone but not forgotten...
1) Rack of baby lamb at Le Flamboyant
2) Warm chocolate souffle at Carl Gustaf
3) Champagne at L'Autour de Rocher
4) Pasta at Le Jardin
5) Castelletes
6) Sapore di Mare - fresh seafood, pasta with lobster
7) Fois gras at... (oops, help me here folks, the once beautiful and fabulously expensive restaurant at El Sereno)

So many more...so little time...

Well I hate to say it for fear of causing a run on it but the Kangaroo at Andy's can't be beat.
Nick

Michael, I think that was my post this year about Do Brazil. I had something that was not to my taste, but Phil had enjoyed the same dish. The year before we had an excellent meal at Do Brazil, just after it had opened. It was a fish stew, something like "moquiqa."

I do remember these recent meals:
Red Snapper at Pipiri Palace (and everyone thing else we have ever had there)
Lobster Cassolet (sp) at Au Port
Lobster at La Langouste (out of the tank)
Pizza at LeEscale (like Gayle said, when you can't eat any more fish)

My wife has never forgotten the Salade Exotique and lobster from the lobster tank at the Beach Club in St. Jean (burned down circa 1986-87), a beautiful spot on the water where part of the Eden Roc is now located.

And Gayle, I won't spell it correctly, but the lobster ravioli at the El Sereno's restaurant (from the late 80's) was Le Vieux des Clock Clocheur or something like that...

Does anybody remember who ran the Beach Club before it burned down? Oh!! very good that's right the 2 Francois's from Francois Plantaion, how quick we forget.
Nick

Nickthedog:

I'm not IN my 80's but back in THE early 80's The Beach Club was owned by the Charneau family of Village St. Jean.

Could be, but Mrs. Francois told me over dinner last week that they were the original owners,they could have sold it before it burnt down.
Nick

My favorite meal on SBH was my first meal on SBH. My wife(fiance at the time) & I were staying on SXM and took a day trip to SBH for my 30th birthday. We spent the day on St. Jean beach and had lunch at Chez Francine(I really miss that place). We pretty much decided at that time that SBH would be where we would go for our honeymoon. We've been hooked on SBH since then.
My son's & daughter's favorite meal would be the pizza or spaghetti at Andy's.

Thanks Steve,
You jogged my memory. It was La Toque Lyonnaise! And Eric, how could I have forgotten Chez Francine!! It was so great for lunch!

Trip Down Memory Lane

Thanks Steve,
You jogged my memory. It was La Toque Lyonnaise! And Eric, how could I have forgotten Chez Francine!! It was so great for lunch!

A thread from Ought Two :)

Re: Trip Down Memory Lane

Ah, Chez Francine...Lobster and/or grilled shark, pommes frites, great salad. My memory is failing me but I seem to remember some dessert that we used to have even though we were stuffed. Was it ice cream? Pecan pie? Anyone else remember?

My memory is too short to think back much past the most recent, but for what it's worth: Lobster risotto at Isle de France
Guinea hen at Le Sapotillier
Grilled lobster at New Born

146168802_d0910201b0_b.jpg

Yup, the old Chez Francine

QUOTE:"A thread from Ought Two :) "

Can't go back much further since this website started in 2002. And look what you did to the format- duh!!!!!!!

After only 3 visits, these are the meals that stand out so far...

Grilled tuna with passionfruit sauce, haricots verts and rice at Do Brazil (the burger & frites not bad either)

The Goat Cheese Salad at Andy's Hideaway is never missed on our visits!

Pizza for lunch at La Saladerie

The giant prawn salad that DebTor loves at Le Repair

Salads for lunch at Le Rivage

I'm hungry...
bev

hot rocks fish platter at andys, l' gaic brunch, anything on the spit at wall house, frites at l'rivage, the half coffee and half chocolate eclairs at the bakeries(meal in themselves)grilled lobster @ pipiri, but the best dinner is at the villa with friends and family from whatever we got at primatellis or match!!!