Lost passport some time today

Sharinazade

Good evening,
I’m here in SBH on vacation and unfortunately I lost my passport today. I will go to the police station when they open in the morning to report the lost and to see if anyone has turned it in. I did stop by a few places I had visited during the day- Eden Rock, Nao beach club and few others with no luck. I’m American and live in New York City. I’m supposed to travel home on Saturday. I have no idea what to do now. Does anyone know how I can get a replacement as I believe there is no US consulate here on the island? It’s so upsetting.
Thank you very much for any advice you can offer.

It will turn up, stay positive.

Check your car extensively. I have had many panic attacks to only find something under the seat.

Good evening,
I’m here in SBH on vacation and unfortunately I lost my passport today. I will go to the police station when they open in the morning to report the lost and to see if anyone has turned it in. I did stop by a few places I had visited during the day- Eden Rock, Nao beach club and few others with no luck. I’m American and live in New York City. I’m supposed to travel home on Saturday. I have no idea what to do now. Does anyone know how I can get a replacement as I believe there is no US consulate here on the island? It’s so upsetting.
Thank you very much for any advice you can offer.

Do you have travel insurance or a premium credit card?

Some of insurers and/or premium credit cards have global concierge services, which might (for probably high fees) can help to get a new passport expeditiously. Also, I would call the closest consulate early in the morning and ask what can you do.

Thank you. I will call the consulate in Barbados tomorrow and also check with my credit cards to see what services they offer, good idea.

Thank you. I will call the consulate in Barbados tomorrow and also check with my credit cards to see what services they offer, good idea.

Also, find your congressman's office number and call them too, as soon as they open and see if they can help. It might be for nothing but worth a try.

It was found and turned in! Just picked it up at the Gendarmerie in Gustavia! �� Such kind, honest people here ��

So glad your passport was turned in and all is well now. I was feeling anxious for you just reading this thread!

:up:

Arriving and leaving are the only times one needs their passport. Otherwise it should be in the villa safely.

I usually do leave it in the safe but I used it for a couple of shopping purchases and forgot it was in my bag. Horrible feeling to lose your passport. I will be so much more careful in the future. Some where else I might have never seen it again!

I usually do leave it in the safe but I used it for a couple of shopping purchases and forgot it was in my bag. Horrible feeling to lose your passport. I will be so much more careful in the future. Some where else I might have never seen it again!
Assuming that was for tax purposes, would a photocopy/photo suffice?

I am so happy to see today's post. By now, as a forum follower and poster, you have to know how I love happy endings.

Now, sip a drink, get some sun, have a terrific meal and resume chillaxin'

Congrats. I mentioned this thread to Cheryl. She said that if it happened to me I would have gone bonkers crazy. She is right. I am glad for you

We always carry a copy of our passports when we travel internationally. We take the copy with us on shopping trips (you need your passport to apply for VAT) and it has always worked. That way we can leave the real thing locked up!