Gourmet Festival info

andynap

Senior Insider
Local information

THE 9TH EDITION OF THE ST BARTH GOURMET FESTIVAL TO ENJOY WITHOUT MODERATION

From November 8 to 13, 2022, the island of Saint-Barthélemy will host the 9th edition of the Saint Barth Gourmet Festival

SBARTH GOURMET FESTIVAL

Territorial Tourism Committee of Saint-Barthélemy,

Organized by the the St Barth Gourmet Festival has become over its nine years, an unmissable culinary event throughout the Caribbean and beyond.

Each year, internationally renowned chefs are invited to practice their art in partner institutions.

A firework of flavors! Let the gourmets get ready! To defend the values ​​of St Barth Gour met Festival - Excellence, Sharing, Conviviality and Authenticity - the following starred chefs will be invited this year

Christopher Coutanceau***, Guest chef at the Hotel Christopher.

Gerald Passedat***,Guest chef at Rosewood Le Guanahani.

Jean Georges Vongerichten**, in 4 hands with Cédric Vongerichten, Guest Chefs of Eden Rock.

Alan Geam*, Guest chef at the Hotel Manapany.

Fanny Rey*,Guest chef at the restaurant l'Esprit.

Kevin De Porre*,Guest Chef of Zion Restaurant.

Mohammad Sheikh, Guest chef at the Bagatelle restaurant.

Juan Arbelaez, Guest chef at Nikki Beach.

Cedric Grolet, Guest chef at the Palace Cheval Blanc St Barth Isle de France.

Georgiana Viou, Guest chef at the Hotel Le Sereno.

Open to all, the St Barth Gourmet Festival orchestrates a series of exclusive lunches and dinners prepared by guest chefs, in the kitchens of partner hotels and restaurants, as well as competitions which the public can attend.

For four days, these 11 great French chefs will delight the island with gastronomy as ambassadors of French cuisine.

THE PROGRAM

ST BARTH GOURMET FESTIVAL

Notice to gourmets!

Dinners in the festival's partner establishments except for the Nikki Beach which will welcome you for lunch only from November 9 to 12 inclusive

• Tuesday 8 November 6:30 p.m.: Opening Ceremony at the Hotel Rosewood Le Guanahani (by invitation)

• Wednesday 9 November 9.30 a.m.: Press conference in the presence of
guest chefs at the Palace Cheval Blanc St Barth Isle de France.
From 12 p.m.: Lunch at the Nikki Beach partner establishment of the festival.
6 p.m.: Sturia, Tasting Workshops at Foodland La Boutique (registration required)
From 7 p.m.: Chefs' dinners in the festival halls partner establishments

⚫ Friday November 11
From 12 p.m.: Lunch at the Nikki Beach partner establishment of the festival.
7 p.m. "Coffee waiters race" from La Cantina by Enjoy St Barth & Ricard (open to the public)
From 7 p.m.: Chefs' dinners in the festival's partner establishments

Saturday 12 November From 12 p.m.: Lunch at Nikki Beach
partner establishment of the festival.
From 7 p.m.: Chefs' dinners in the festival's partner establishments •

Sunday 13 November 7:15 a.m. "St Barth Chefs Challenge" by Le Champagne Barons de Rothschild in Bonito, in collaboration with the CEM, the Farmers of the island and the Fisheries Committee. (Competition upon registration at the CTTSB)
10:30 am "Les Petites Toques St Barth" by Le Chocolat Weiss & Eco Island. Community Square, Gustavia. (Competition on registration with the CTTSB).

12:30 p.m. Award ceremony, Community Square, Gustavia. The Lounge Barons de Rothschild will offer masterclasses during the week.

Wonderful event and great to know. Wishing all the chefs and staffs good luck and happy clients.

Space available at Zion Restaurant for Wednesday & Saturday nights, including some seating at the “Chef’s Table.” Enjoy!

I don’t mean to be undermining of Ellen’s valuable reporting that “dinners are 100% sold out,” but as I dine around the island, I talk with restaurateur friends about their bookings. What I’m finding is that the Gourmet Festival restaurants with which I’m familiar have “wiggle room” in being “sold out.” Le Sereno, for example, has seating available on the last night. Others report, “maybe . . . maybe not.” I think that part of the issue relates to multiple bookings / last minute cancellations. My advice, thus, is to not be afraid to call — or, even better, show-up at — a restaurant & inquire — if you’re interested — about availability. You could be pleasantly surprised!

I don’t mean to be undermining of Ellen’s valuable reporting that “dinners are 100% sold out,” but as I dine around the island, I talk with restaurateur friends about their bookings. What I’m finding is that the Gourmet Festival restaurants with which I’m familiar have “wiggle room” in being “sold out.” Le Sereno, for example, has seating available on the last night. Others report, “maybe . . . maybe not.” I think that part of the issue relates to multiple bookings / last minute cancellations. My advice, thus, is to not be afraid to call — or, even better, show-up at — a restaurant & inquire — if you’re interested — about availability. You could be pleasantly surprised!

I guess my grapevine wasn't quite ripe...

My advice, thus, is to not be afraid to call — or, even better, show-up at — a restaurant & inquire — if you’re interested — about availability. You could be pleasantly surprised!

Gourmet Festival aside, this is always good advice, both on-island and at home. Flexibility matters, as does the possibility of being turned away.

I couldn't get a res at my preferred restaurant at home tonight, but I dined there.

46505ACF-7510-4C06-A6DE-C6E0A3E1068D.jpeg