Emergency Meeting re:Covid

andynap

Senior Insider
60CA3A6C-0257-4ED9-99CA-B4FE9BBABD27.jpeg
8CDF0F56-C5F5-48E1-9B6D-B95D1A2DF233.jpeg

STATE OF HEALTH EMERGENCY DECREED IN GUADELOUPE, GUIANA, MAYOTTE, SAINT-MARTIN AND SAINT-BARTHÉLÉMY O 01/05/2022 The government has declared a state of health emergency in Guadeloupe, Guyana, Mayotte , Saint-Martin and .. Saint-Barthélémy. Overseas territories where "under the effect of the Omicron variant, the circulation of Covid-19 is experiencing a considerable increase", according to a decree presented this Wednesday to the Council of Ministers. The text affirms that "given the hospital capacities of these territories and the vaccination coverage of their population, the current epidemic wave of covid-19 constitutes a health disaster endangering ...) the health of the population (...) ". If a meeting is scheduled this morning at 11 am in the prefecture of Saint-Martin and Saint-Barthélemy, we were told that the measures currently in force in Saint-Barth would not "necessarily" be the subject of changes. Indeed, despite the sharp increase in the number of Covid-19 cases on the island - official and unofficial - for three weeks, the vaccination rate above 80%, the absence of hospitalization (despite several medical evacuations to Saint -Martin in recent days) and the official absence of the Omicron variant should make it possible to avoid the consequences of the return of the state of health emergency. For now.

https://www.journaldesaintbarth.com...-9mCizidFepSAGtiftb04mY6yAh8PqfaN7kL6YUaa_nA4

The Regional Health Agency has officially recorded 640 new cases of Covid-19 in St. Barthlemy since Monday, December 27. The prefecture announces, as of this Friday, January 7, the return of a curfew (from 11 p.m. or midnight), the closure of discos and the introduction of the mandatory sanitary pass in all restaurants and bars of the island. Despite an increase in cases, no Covid-related hospitalizations have been reported in Saint-Barth, according to ARS data.

Alot of the premier Villas are getting cancellations in late Jan & Feb. You can see it happening in real time if you check the main villa sites each day. We have been monitoring our wish list and will be jumping on one of these prime cancellations very soon.

Hi guys. I am fully vaccinated and booster. I am over omicron for 3 weeks. But I still test positive on pcr which they say can be the case for up to 3 months. What can I do to to prove that I don’t have Covid and come to st barths as planned next week

Get an antigen test if possible. It might be most accurate for where you are. You don’t really need a PCR because it is not meant for diagnosis after Covid.

Here is the technical explanation of why people can test positive after Covid recovery but not have Covid. This is what the hospitals go by:

How can a patient have a positive PCR test but not be infectious?
Reverse transcriptase-quantitative polymerase chain reaction (RT-qPCR) is the primary method used to diagnose SARS-CoV-2 infection and many other viruses. The test works by creating copies of viral genetic material in respiratory samples over many cycles. A single copy of viral RNA can be amplified to more than 2 trillion copies during a typical 40-cycle testing protocol. Amplification of genomic sequence is measured in cycle thresholds (Ct) and the Ct values correlate with whether a sample contains infectious virus particles. If the viral RNA is detected after just a few amplification cycles (i.e. at a low Ct value), that means high RNA levels are present and thus more viable virus; however, because this test is designed to be a sensitive diagnostic tool (not for monitoring disease progression), a very high Ct value (low RNA level) is set as a positive range cutoff. This means that very low levels of the RNA or viral genomic fragments can test “positive” for months after the acute infection but are not associated with live virus. This detection issue is common for other RNA viruses.
PCR is very sensitive and used to extract genetic material from samples embedded in paraffin and other inactivating substances as well as from ancient fossilized samples. In the case of SARS-CoV-2 (and other viral infections), the RNA fragments persist after symptoms resolve and can be detected for up to three months.
RT-qPCR testing has been validated against tests to see if there is live virus present that can be grown in culture (i.e. replication competent virus). Several studies have shown that patients with mild to moderate disease have no viable virus cultured eight days after symptom onset. For patients with severe illness, and in those who were immunocompromised, virus was cultured for up to 20 days after infection onset, although at 15 days only 5% still had cultures that grew.

Source of above info: https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/covid-19/clinicians/recovered-patients.html

That u Dave’s mom. But what if I still test positive with antigen test. Can I get a letter of attesting from my md that Ian clear

"Indeed, despite the sharp increase in the number of Covid-19 cases on the island - official and unofficial - for three weeks, the vaccination rate above 80%, the absence of hospitalization (despite several medical evacuations to Saint -Martin in recent days) and the official absence of the Omicron variant should make it possible to avoid the consequences of the return of the state of health emergency"

I didn't realize the vaccination rate was so high. I remember a discussion early on about how so many French people wouldn't get vaccinated. I'd also be surprised if the Omicron variant hasn't yet made an appearance on the Island. I guess the word official is the key word here.

I didn't realize the vaccination rate was so high.

"According to ARS data, the vaccination coverage of the population aged over 12 years is 88.7% for one dose, 85.1% for the second dose and 26.1% for the third dose. For the adult population, the vaccination coverage in the first doses is 77.9%, figure SPF. It should be noted that the ARS was unable to release some of its figures for the past week."

"According to ARS data, the vaccination coverage of the population aged over 12 years is 88.7% for one dose, 85.1% for the second dose and 26.1% for the third dose. For the adult population, the vaccination coverage in the first doses is 77.9%, figure SPF. It should be noted that the ARS was unable to release some of its figures for the past week."
Wow over 85% for over 12. I suspect the 3rd dose will increase over the next few months

Hi guys. I am fully vaccinated and booster. I am over omicron for 3 weeks. But I still test positive on pcr which they say can be the case for up to 3 months. What can I do to to prove that I don’t have Covid and come to st barths as planned next week

Take an antigen test. If you are 3 weeks out, your antigen test will show negative. If it shows positive, then you are still contagious, which you definitely shouldn't be after 3 weeks.

Take an antigen test. If you are 3 weeks out, your antigen test will show negative. If it shows positive, then you are still contagious, which you definitely shouldn't be after 3 weeks.
I do agree, based on the science I read. You can still test positive and get a letter with certain parameters it has to cover, from your testing site doctor, but it still won't get you into SBH: they require a negative test and that is why I personally have to avoid this since I haven't yet had it. However, the positive dated test AND a Letter of Recovery for travel should get you back into the United States as far as I can tell from this website...

Information below from this website: https://fr.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/50/Airline_Testing_Order_Checklist-p.pdf

5. POSITIVE: The test result must be positive. Results marked “invalid” are not accepted. Phrases describing a positive test could include, but are not limited to:

• POSITIVE
  • POSITIVE-SARS-CoV-2 RNA DETECTED
  • SARS-CoV-2 ANTIGEN DETECTED
  • COVID-19 DETECTED
  • REACTIVE

6. SIGNED LETTER: Must also have a signed letter stating the passenger is cleared for travel.

• From a licensed healthcare provider or a public health official
  • Must be signed and on official letterhead that shows the name, address, and phone number of the
    healthcare provider or public health official
  • Does not need to specify travel—a letter that clears the person to end isolation (e.g., to return to
    work or school) can be used