Worst case scenario options?

We leave tomorrow for Turks and Caicos. They require an insurance policy to cover Covid related coverage for the cost to quarantine, medical evacuation and trip delay. We bought the Trawick safe travels voyager policy with the $7000 extra.

$94.00 for the two of us.

also must be fully vaxed and neg test 72 hours, etc.

Interestingly, The Trawick policy for Turks & Caicos is under $100 However, going to St,. Barts the very same policy with the 7k addition for two people is almost $1,100 as of today.

Interestingly, The Trawick policy for Turks & Caicos is under $100 However, going to St,. Barts the very same policy with the 7k addition for two people is almost $1,100 as of today.

zip code tax?

My policy is not a trip cancellation. Just coverage for trip delay including covid. Does have medivac and return of remains, if that happens...:thinking1:

zip code tax?

My policy is not a trip cancellation. Just coverage for trip delay including covid. Does have medivac and return of remains, if that happens...:thinking1:

OK, gotcha, just now looked for a quote without the trip protection and it's $111.00 for two people with the 7K

hmmmmm...We leave on Friday and get tested on Thursday so if either one of us got the Omicron the trip and the trip got scrubbed the SBH rental/tradewind flights (about $12K) would be lost..sheesh

OK, gotcha, just now looked for a quote without the trip protection and it's $111.00 for two people with the 7K

hmmmmm...We leave on Friday and get tested on Thursday so if either one of us got the Omicron the trip and the trip got scrubbed the SBH rental/tradewind flights (about $12K) would be lost..sheesh

Just drop a couple of dinners at L'Isola and Joel R. off the schedule and it's paid for!

Oy. Sufficiently confused. I took a look, too, and it was closer to 120 pp, but I’m not sure of the coverage, e.g. I don’t recall seeing coverage for cancellation due to a positive test. (looking at all this between appointments, so it’s likely a “user problem.”

Hello to All forum members. Sadly, we are on the cusp of canceling our first trip in 27 years. The reason being, we are not prepared to quarantine for 10 days starting the day of our scheduled departure if we fail a test for return. This would turn our usual 21-day vacation in two more than a month on the island. Can't do it due to work constraints. This variant is so transmittable it is hard at this point, just a little over a week away from our departure, to tell what the month of January brings especially after an extremely crowded and busy Christmas and New Year's on the island. Can anyone bring some logic to the debate and give us reason NOT to cancel? I'm really wrestling with this. We'll be missing our January happy place badly.

Hello to All forum members. Sadly, we are on the cusp of canceling our first trip in 27 years. The reason being, we are not prepared to quarantine for 10 days starting the day of our scheduled departure if we fail a test for return. This would turn our usual 21-day vacation in two more than a month on the island. Can't do it due to work constraints. This variant is so transmittable it is hard at this point, just a little over a week away from our departure, to tell what the month of January brings especially after an extremely crowded and busy Christmas and New Year's on the island. Can anyone bring some logic to the debate and give us reason NOT to cancel? I'm really wrestling with this. We'll be missing our January happy place badly.
The trip insurance I bought from Trawick covers medivac if I contract Covid. Included in the $98.00 fee.

So, that's cheaper than trying to find a "budget" hovel to hunker down in on St Barths.

I do recall that being medivaced from St Barths is more of a challenge because you have to get to SXM first.

Oy. Sufficiently confused. I took a look, too, and it was closer to 120 pp, but I’m not sure of the coverage, e.g. I don’t recall seeing coverage for cancellation due to a positive test. (looking at all this between appointments, so it’s likely a “user problem.”

It's an extra $1,000+- so, roughly $1,100. if you include "trip cancellation" which would be protection against a positive test before you start your trip.

Which ever Trawick policy I get I'm going to buy it via Squaremouth.

I hear ya. Not knowing what your trips usually look like, but..... if, on island, you stay close to your villa or on the beach, mask when grocery shopping, do mostly take out or delivery, and be over cautious your last 7 days? (assuming you're vaxxed and boostered)

I hear ya though. The possibility of extra time in quarantine, is daunting (or possibly a "no go") for some, for all sorts of reasons, work included. (assuming you're vaxxed and boostered)

We leave tomorrow for Turks and Caicos. They require an insurance policy to cover Covid related coverage for the cost to quarantine, medical evacuation and trip delay. We bought the Trawick safe travels voyager policy with the $7000 extra.

$94.00 for the two of us.

also must be fully vaxed and neg test 72 hours, etc.
I don't know anything about it, but assuming it does what one needs, that seems like a pretty fair price and a smart move to me.

And more importantly...Enjoy your trip!!!

Yep, fully vaxxed with a booster but, that doesn't necessarily stop you from getting it with no symptoms. I'm really coming to SBH for the UNICEF gala at the Eden Rock on the 29th so, will be sitting outdoors with strangers so, I'll keep my fingers crossed for the rest of the 10 days.

No one here has been wearing a mask anyplace except in shops as required, cases up from 7 last week to 28 this week, and a few in the hospital which has now been closed to all visitors, so if you end up there no one can come see you...as I found out this morning when I went to see a friend (non-Covid illness) and was refused entry... big signs up on the doors.
I feel like it's all starting all over again... and this is a small island where it could be contained if people were careful, but that seems to be a big if....

Do you know if these are visitors or people living on the island?
No one here has been wearing a mask anyplace except in shops as required, cases up from 7 last week to 28 this week, and a few in the hospital which has now been closed to all visitors, so if you end up there no one can come see you...as I found out this morning when I went to see a friend (non-Covid illness) and was refused entry... big signs up on the doors.
I feel like it's all starting all over again... and this is a small island where it could be contained if people were careful, but that seems to be a big if....

Do you know if these are visitors or people living on the island?

I don't know but I do know there are residents who have tested positive this week, but the case number has jumped since there are many more tourists on the island... gotta be really careful !

We avoided going to the Marche on Sunday due to the limited mask wearing we have seen in town. Can someone please tell me if EVERYONE now arriving to SBH has to show vacc card and 72 or 48 hour test results? I am talking people off of yachts, local kids arriving back to SBH from being away at school etc.? How is this being enforced? I still find it questionable that one allegedly needs to walk into a restaurant with a mask on then sits down and takes it off at the table. I was thinking about this after having a lovely lunch at Lil' Rock a short time ago and how things always seem to happen down here, I started speaking with a table next to ours and we realized we both knew the same people (small world stuff happens all the time here). I was certainly less than 6 feet away from their table while we were all unmasked and chitchatting. Nantucket had a huge spike last week in cases. Jumping I recall from around 20 cases the previous week to 114. We thought this might have been from the huge increase in people to the island the first weekend of December for our Christmas Stroll but apparently the new cases were after that. 32 of the new cases were reportedly in the schools No testing is required to come via plane or ferry to Nantucket and the town will not report how many of the new cases are coming from unvaccinated people vs vaccinated. I don't believe they are giving that sort of information down here either.