Just arrived and looking for restaurant recommendations

Aew-sk

SBH Member
We arrived yesterday and had our traditional first dinner at Le Repaire. It was just what we needed after a day of travel. Tonight we have a reservation at Maya’s, so we now have 6 meals left, although we will take a break I’m sure. I’m disappointed that one of our favorites, Les Bananiers, is closed, but I know there are plenty of other choices. If there is a place that we should not miss, please let me know. What about Fouquet’s? Or lunch at Chevalier Blanc or Lil Rock? Curious to know what recommendations you all might have. Thank you.

Zion comes with high recommendations. If you haven’t seen the new and improved Sandbar, that might an option. One of the best dinners I ever had on Saint Barth was a lunch at Sandbar:up:

The gardens at Tamarin make it a lovely dining experience, L'Esprit Jean-Claude Dufour is excellent, and I second the motion for Zion..
we had a lovely sushi dinner at Baz Bar last night, nice breeze sitting dockside and a lot of good people watching...

I think they still have some kinks to work out at Fouquets, just my opinion. Still lovely for a drink.

Luncheon recommendation — Cafè Gloriette in Gustavia. Casual, chic, & exquisitely healthy.

Today I enjoyed Mahi tartare (tartare served on a bed of guacamole & red leaf lettuce, topped with thin slices of avocado, shavings of zucchini & carrots, cherry tomatoes, pomegranate & sesame seeds . . . in a beautiful vinaigrette. 7F5E7B60-A46A-4785-A851-C602D6D67C0D.jpeg
. . . followed by yummy risotto with leeks & zucchini, prepared with coconut milk & cream (no cheese, unless requested) EDD6BA19-1D49-41AA-859E-8F9BA1A7FAE3.jpeg
. . . and a taste of banana bread with chocolate and spirulina BD48BA0C-858F-4462-93B9-434B51100929.jpg

Everything — including a glass of champagne & La Gloriette’s famous vanilla rhum! — was Gluten- & Dairy-free.

Sit at the counter at Xion!
Lunch at Bartolmeo on the seaside and evening cocktails at the top of the hotel.
Nikki on Sunday if you want fun and games, otherwise lunch on any other day.
Le Toiny Beach Club- lunch- it is a fun day there seaside.
Mango for lunch at Christopher- flavored rum there is a must.
Fish corner in Gustavia when shops close for lunch.
A simple breakfast at Le Jardin or at the bakeries. Don’t forget to get you croissants and baguettes each morning. Super U has great chice of pates, prosciutto, cheeses. There is a good Nesspresso, cured meats, caviar wine shop next to the bakery- Choisy near the closed Camaruche hill.
Too many choices.

Thank you all for the recommendations. We will definitely try Zion one night and will try to hit the Sand Bar for lunch one day. As an update, we postponed Maya’s until tonight. We were spooked by the rain yesterday afternoon, but by dinner time, Maya’s would probably have been fine. So we picked up pizza from Papa’s-Vivaldi pizza with spicy sausage. It was very good.

Thanks for the photos. Is it true that La Gloriette has the best vanilla rum on the island? We always take a bottle home with us to keep the SBH vibe alive in Virginia.

I do like the Rhum Vanille from La Gloriette, but I prefer the Vanille Sec from M’Bolo just a little bit more.

Eddy’s of course. Bagatelle just confirmed a reservation for us in July. What a wonderful time in our lives. See you on the beach