tire blowout on the runway with sbc

didier

Senior Insider
even the birds were checking it out.

IMG_1687.JPG

IMG_1683.JPG

IMG_1684.JPG

IMG_1668.JPG

I've been on the SXM end of that. I had a charter flight to SBH which was taxiing for takeoff. Until it wasn't. Aircraft on the runway in SBH with a blown tire. We sat out the delay, airside, in a container-office, watching US game shows with the flight crew and the airline staff. Vincent had a potential taxi and ferry tickets lined up for us before I called him, which thankfully weren't needed. Once SBH opened, we were out of SXM in less than 10 minutes. The takeoff was from the intersection of the closest taxiway and the runway, not the end of the runway. Vroom! We gone!

Vincent would heroically manage any catastrophe at a moment’s notice . . . even, I’m confident, an SBC tire blowout, if asked!

Agree with all the comments ~ Vincent. Several years ago, due to a flt delay, there were only 3 seats available on the last plane to SBH. Vincent secured those, as well as 4 boat tix before we left CLT. He can do just about anything he sets his mind to, wonderful person and friend, overseeing a great company( Premium IV).

I love reading all the Vincent stories. We’ve never purchased their services because we’ve always had the luxury of a long layover, Carry-On luggage only, etc. However, as this story shows, sometimes the unexpected happens and you need some extra help.

Are his services sold like insurance policies - i.e. no help unless you’ve purchased ahead of time? Or would he consider helping you out (for a fee, of course) on a last-minute, case-by-case basis if needed?

Definitely willing and eager to help out on an "as needed" basis . . . undoubtedly an important aspect of the success of Premium IV.

He helped my kids with a booking issue and refused to take payment. I slipped cash and a note under his door! He is a fine guy.

Vincent is like “what else can go wrong insurance.” We don’t travel to SBH without him. Sometimes it’s nothing more than a meet and greet at the airport....THEN there’s the other times where he figured out which SXM bus my husband left the carry on bag on; the time Winair canceled our tickets for no reason and thankfully he checked on our flights the day before...we didn’t have any; the time he coordinated a stay in SXM for us with our kids when our flight got in after dark, etc. I could go on and on. His services are worth every cent.