Pfizer vaccine will be on the island starting april 19 available to all

didier

Senior Insider
all includes any americans on the island that wish to get the vaccine here. it will be given in two doses. You still have to sign up to get the vaccine.

Bruno Magras was asked if he would encourage islanders to get the vaccine if they were hesitant to do so. Bruno said he would not encourage anyone. He said if they have reservations about getting the vaccine, then it would be their choice not to get vaccinated.

Bruno also said he hoped that the island would be open by the end of april, and that all would be welcome if they presented negative pcr test.

all includes any americans on the island that wish to get the vaccine here. it will be given in two doses. You still have to sign up to get the vaccine.

Bruno Magras was asked if he would encourage islanders to get the vaccine if they were hesitant to do so. Bruno said he would not encourage anyone. He said if they have reservations about getting the vaccine, then it would be their choice not to get vaccinated.

Bruno also said he hoped that the island would be open by the end of april, and that all would be welcome if they presented negative pcr test.

After missing 2021, we are scheduled to return next year in February. Bruno's attitude makes me wonder whether this will happen.

from Le Journal de St Barth, yesterday's edition :

Head of the ARS (Agence Régionale de Santé), says :
- the vaccine will be the Johnson & Johnson, (one shot only, easier to store, better logistic and transport),
- a residency certificate will be requested to avoid tourism vaccination

from Le Journal de St Barth, yesterday's edition :

Head of the ARS (Agence Régionale de Santé), says :
- the vaccine will be the Johnson & Johnson, (one shot only, easier to store, better logistic and transport),
- a residency certificate will be requested to avoid tourism vaccination

Le Journal was incorrect about the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, they went to print on a rumor, and according to Bruno, the vaccine will be available to anyone that is on the island.

Next time you two want to tell the teacher on the kids in the back of the room, please do it it French, it will give you that sense of superiority you crave.

To the Mods.............sorry, I couldn't resist. I try to be good, but I'm weak.

There was a story going around the island that a new gendarm stopped Bruno in the airport and told him to put his mask on in March...and that gendarm is now posted in st Martin :)

Next time you two want to tell the teacher on the kids in the back of the room, please do it it French, it will give you that sense of superiority you crave.

To the Mods.............sorry, I couldn't resist. I try to be good, but I'm weak.

May I just say, Bart, that the Forum is a better place when people "play nice."

My recollection is that Bruno said that people need to have confidence in the vaccine. If they have confidence/trust, they will get vaccinated, if they do not, then they will not. Also, that the AstraZenica issues are not good encouragement, and that mRNA is new technology.

This week is Week 14. Monday April 19 will be in Week 16.

From the Préfet:

[Santé / Covid-19 ] - Toute la population majeure de Saint-Barthélemy aura accès à un vaccinodrome qui sera mis en place au stade de Saint-Jean, dans le courant de la semaine 16 (et jusqu’à la semaine 18 ou 19), afin d’acquérir une immunité collective dans les plus brefs délais.
Du fait de sa forte efficacité et de sa validité sur tous les âges,
le Vaccin PFIZER sera utilisé pour cette opération. La population est donc appelée à venir nombreuse.
Sur la même organisation, un vaccinodrome sera organisé à Marigot début mai afin de vacciner l'ensemble de la population majeure de Saint-Martin.

From Google Translate:

[Health / Covid-19] - All the major population of Saint-Barthélemy will have access to a vaccinodrome which will be set up at the Saint-Jean stadium, in the course of week 16 (and until week 18 or 19 ), in order to acquire collective immunity as quickly as possible.
Due to its high efficiency and its validity on all ages,
PFIZER vaccine will be used for this operation. The population is therefore called to come in large numbers.
On the same organization, a vaccinodrome will be organized in Marigot at the beginning of May in order to vaccinate the entire major population of Saint-Martin.