Fin des travaux d’accès à la plage de Petite Anse

The Forum goes back nearly twenty years and many of us have been aboard for much of that duration. Relationships wax and wane as do the posters. Newbies are always welcomed, but they shouldn’t preclude us from reminiscing about our past foils and friends. YMMV.

Live in the present and look forward to the future. Life is short, and the older you get, the faster it goes by.

Live in the present and look forward to the future. Life is short, and the older you get, the faster it goes by.

So wise, Hawke.

Time flies even quicker than those calendar pages flew by in the old noir films I used to watch.

As a thought, let’s debate about subjects like Petite Anse before and after. Personal comments about Mike etc. might best be private. You 4 or 5 on this thread are our leaders so where we go on the Forum is in your hands. Help make the Forum for all of us not just for ‘insider’ threads some of us may not understand or learn from.

Anything we have said about the dearly departed Capt. has been said to him when he trolled these waters.

He could take it...believe me!

Anything we have said about the dearly departed Capt. has been said to him when he trolled these waters.

He could take it...believe me!

I might add - read at your own risk. If you get confused by the repartee, just hit MFR and carry on. That's what many of us do on a daily basis.

I miss Mike R. Never met him but he brought a different prospective. Always good to hear another view. And while opinionated, I found him to be plenty friendly on line. He invited me to drop by when I was planning a trip to his part of NE. Didn't manage to do it but I appreciated the sentiment.

Years ago I used to feel that if I were in trouble and could not get Batman to help me out, I would call on MikeR or Voosh or Martin. Those days of yore.

I miss Mike R. Never met him but he brought a different prospective. Always good to hear another view. And while opinionated, I found him to be plenty friendly on line. He invited me to drop by when I was planning a trip to his part of NE. Didn't manage to do it but I appreciated the sentiment.

When we had The Normandie in Lorient, Wendy & I wanted to share our love of Vanilla Rhum from La Gloriette with guests, so we persuaded Albert, the restaurant’s owner, to “private label” some bottles of Rhum for us. The labels prepared by a designer for our bottles used images of various fish . . . a “takeoff” on the La Gloriette logo. Fortunately, I sent copies of the proposed labels to MikeR, fisherman extraordinaire, as a quality control check. He gently informed me that they were all wrong! The fish images used in the labels had nothing to do with the Caribbean! Mike also kindly sent pictures of local SBH fish, which immediately became the faces of our labels. When Albert saw them, he said, “You changed my label, but at least you got the right fish!”

In a similar vein, on a very early trip to the island we committed to buying and grilling something from the fish market. Now I am great at buying (anything :cool:) that has a label but if you've been to the Gustavia market you know this is not the case. Its just dead fish on a table. In addition, my French fish vocab is lame. Voila, the Capt provided me with labeled pictures of the whole fish so I could just point and purchase. Even gave me some grilling advice. I still have those today stored in my phone and can't wait until I need them again.

Updated thanks to iJEK...

Fish Pics.jpg

Attachments

• Fish Pics.jpg
    Fish Pics.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 326
In a similar vein, on a very early trip to the island we committed to buying and grilling something from the fish market. Now I am great at buying (anything :cool:) that has a label but if you've been to the Gustavia market you know this is not the case. Its just dead fish on a table. In addition, my French fish vocab is lame. Voila, the Capt provided me with labeled pictures of the whole fish so I could just point and purchase. Even gave me some grilling advice. I still have those today stored in my phone and can't wait until I need them again.

View attachment 56617
Your phone is wrong.

The Wahoo and Mahi are labels are switched :biglaugh:

Whaaaat?!? Will fix this ASAP.

Changed the pic in my OP. Must have happened when I converted it to a google doc long ago. Oh, well....whatever we bought and ate was delicious. :laughing-cry:

Whaaaat?!? Will fix this ASAP.

Changed the pic in my OP. Must have happened when I converted it to a google doc long ago. Oh, well....whatever we bought and ate was delicious. :laughing-cry:

Happy to be of service :cool:

As a thought, let’s debate about subjects like Petite Anse before and after. Personal comments about Mike etc. might best be private. You 4 or 5 on this thread are our leaders so where we go on the Forum is in your hands. Help make the Forum for all of us not just for ‘insider’ threads some of us may not understand or learn from.

AGREED!!!

The Forum goes back nearly twenty years and many of us have been aboard for much of that duration. Relationships wax and wane as do the posters. Newbies are always welcomed, but they shouldn’t preclude us from reminiscing about our past foils and friends. YMMV.

+1 :up: