Chef’s Market

andynap

Senior Insider
91C82C10-24A0-4CCC-A99A-15021128561A.jpeg

If you liked Franck at Wall House then you'll love his new business as a food purveyor. He has really high quality food, which many of us enjoy at restaurants all over the island.

Money is money. Both Chef's Market and their competitor Foodland will sell you excellent food at a fair price. Neither are easy to find, but I can find both. I rarely cook "at home" on the island, but when I do, I eat well. Chef's Market is my preferred purveyor.

Foodland now has a retail outlet along the quay in Gustavia, at the corner next to Varda’s new “Sin Garden” & across from the former Route des Boucaniers (now La Petite Plage). It is very well stocked . . . with very inviting displays.
020EB208-DEB7-4B02-A20B-4F98D857462E.jpg
1DD5A636-6CE9-4F45-8416-171D0C5765C5.jpg

Though its neighbor, Sin Garden, has been the subject of prior posts, because it’s such a feast for the eyes (&appetite!), I’ll post a few more.
2B002B30-0F6C-469D-B10C-690CF29E8D60.jpg
CB3D7A1A-44D8-4BCF-9FEB-22B4C6ADD373.jpg
8E3B01AB-93E0-428A-BC44-A52E0DEE1860.jpg
58D2C443-FE91-4C2C-B963-0F3AFCCFF430.jpg

Attachments

• 241ED3B7-1E9B-4EAE-8123-3501F5067AA7.jpg
    241ED3B7-1E9B-4EAE-8123-3501F5067AA7.jpg
    438.8 KB · Views: 423
tell us about Sin Garden. It’s a new pâtisserie?

Oui oui! And trés upscale. Striking colors . . . over-the-top artistry . . . a fantasy for the senses. However, because nothing in the shop is dairy or gluten free, I can't tell you how anything tasted!

We have purchased fabulous flower arrangements at Varda- a different location.
We remember Franck’s Truffle Fries! Divine- when he was in the upscale shopping center in Gustavia!

stbartshopper; said:
We remember Franck’s Truffle Fries! Divine- when he was in the upscale shopping center in Gustavia!

Le Carre...Franck created a truly wonderful dining space out of nothing. Great food, great host, great staff.

Franck reinvents again ! Kudos, this looks great, can't wait.

Here in our neck of the woods in lower coastal SC, at our weekly farmers market, voted the best in SC, I recently discovered Sprout Momma's baguettes baked in a stone oven. The shop on Hilton Head is close to the HH Hospital where I had my 2nd Pfizer shot this past Friday in organized chaos, but absolutely no side effects, glad to be done ! Went to Sprout Momma's to pick up the pre order of 2 baguettes, 6 croissant, 6 chocolate croissants & 2 of the cinnamon buns unlike any elsewhere. Whopper of a bill, but all croissants twice the size of those from La Colombe & equally flaky & divine, so our Sunday brunch this morning had us back on the terrace in Lurin looking at the fabulous view, not our little pond with the resident gator & a couple of great egrets. Sorry for digressing, can't wait for return to SBH.

Franck reinvents again ! Kudos, this looks great, can't wait.

Here in our neck of the woods in lower coastal SC, at our weekly farmers market, voted the best in SC, I recently discovered Sprout Momma's baguettes baked in a stone oven. The shop on Hilton Head is close to the HH Hospital where I had my 2nd Pfizer shot this past Friday in organized chaos, but absolutely no side effects, glad to be done ! Went to Sprout Momma's to pick up the pre order of 2 baguettes, 6 croissant, 6 chocolate croissants & 2 of the cinnamon buns unlike any elsewhere. Whopper of a bill, but all croissants twice the size of those from La Colombe & equally flaky & divine, so our Sunday brunch this morning had us back on the terrace in Lurin looking at the fabulous view, not our little pond with the resident gator & a couple of great egrets. Sorry for digressing, can't wait for return to SBH.

Great description of a very-SBH breakfast, Nancy!