La Petite Plage

Post #123 has a 2016 update.

Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 12.54.23 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2021-01-12 at 12.54.06 PM.jpg

We will still happily get our cheeseburgers from Select...not the best in the world but the location and ambiance can’t be beat..where we fell in love with the island many years ago

Zion has a cheeseburger but I did not notice the price, perhaps around 25€ - have not had one (yet)...

And at Select the quick retorts from the smiling employees are free. I must admit a burger, fries and a couple of Le Tis- ahhhhhh!
Not the view from La Plage though but good enough.

I'm guessing it's a new restaurant for the Annie Famose group. Like their La Petite Plage in St-Trop'
Menu signé Éric Frechon, *** Michelin at L'Épicure à Paris
Une nouvelle Petite Plage à Saint-Barthélemy avec Éric Frechon

9 FÉVRIER 2021
Capture-de%CC%81cran-2021-02-09-a%CC%80-09.41.31-634x633.png
La 1ère table « La Petite Plage » du Groupe Annie Famose avait ouvert sur le port de Saint- Tropez en 2018. Pour sa seconde implantation, c’est sur l’île de Saint-Barthélemy et toujours sous l’impulsion culinaire du chef triplement étoilé du Bristol Paris Éric Frechon que le restaurant ouvre dans le quartier de Gustavia. Toute de bois naturel, de touches émeraude et de teintes délicates, « La Petite Plage Saint-Barth » propose une cuisine estivale, contemporaine à base de beaux produits.
« J’ai voulu que cette nouvelle Petite Plage s’inscrive dans la continuité́ de la première, en y proposant le même esprit de cuisine que ce que nous avons fait à Saint –Tropez, tout en faisant la part belle ici aux ressources locales à l’honneur, comme les langoustes et le poisson Wahoo », soulignait notamment Eric Frechon.

. . . the re-branding of the former "Victoria" restaurant could be related to a rumored shuffling of ownership among several notable SBH restaurants, including the alleged sale of a formerly locally-owned restaurant (not Maya's) to a deep-pockets French corporation. As Kevin notes. . . an unsettling trend.

did you know that where petite plage is, there actually used to be a small beach there in the early eighties according to dda, now just water.

Une nouvelle Petite Plage à Saint-Barthélemy avec Éric Frechon

9 FÉVRIER 2021
Capture-de%CC%81cran-2021-02-09-a%CC%80-09.41.31-634x633.png
La 1ère table « La Petite Plage » du Groupe Annie Famose avait ouvert sur le port de Saint- Tropez en 2018. Pour sa seconde implantation, c’est sur l’île de Saint-Barthélemy et toujours sous l’impulsion culinaire du chef triplement étoilé du Bristol Paris Éric Frechon que le restaurant ouvre dans le quartier de Gustavia. Toute de bois naturel, de touches émeraude et de teintes délicates, « La Petite Plage Saint-Barth » propose une cuisine estivale, contemporaine à base de beaux produits.
« J’ai voulu que cette nouvelle Petite Plage s’inscrive dans la continuité́ de la première, en y proposant le même esprit de cuisine que ce que nous avons fait à Saint –Tropez, tout en faisant la part belle ici aux ressources locales à l’honneur, comme les langoustes et le poisson Wahoo », soulignait notamment Eric Frechon.

[FONT=&quot]
I wonder if this means the chef will actually remain "on site". It's always disappointing when a new restaurant is marketed with a famous chef, only to find out the famous chef simply drops in to visit a few times a year.

From google translate...
The first restaurant "La Petite Plage" of the Annie Famose Group opened in the port of Saint-Tropez in 2018. For its second location, it is on the island of Saint-Barthélemy and always under the culinary leadership of the chef. Michelin-starred Éric Frechon in Paris that the restaurant is opening in the Gustavia district. All natural wood, touches of emerald and delicate hues, "La Petite Plage Saint-Barth" offers summer, contemporary cuisine based on fine products.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
"I wanted this new Petite Plage to follow on from the first one, offering the same cooking spirit as what we did in Saint-Tropez, while giving pride of place here to local resources in honor, like lobsters and Wahoo fish, ”emphasized Eric Frechon.
[/FONT]

There's an old quote, attributed to several famous chefs, who when asked "Who cooks when you're not here?" replied "The same person who cooks when I'm here.".

I wonder if this means the chef will actually remain "on site". It's always disappointing when a new restaurant is marketed with a famous chef, only to find out the famous chef simply drops in to visit a few times a year.

In a word, no.

A friend forwarded an article from The Tennessean saying that J-GV would be adding a 40th (!!!) restaurant under his houlette at the Hermitage Hotel in NashVegas.

And so it goes . . .

Ça met l’eau à la bouche ?
A049EFF4-5663-4231-AF33-FE59A2693DBB.jpeg
Salade de langouste marinée au yuzu, parmesan et truffe noire @lapetiteplagestbarth ☀️

Le plat préféré de ma femme a @lapetiteplagestbarth : Langouste grillée, linguine, ail et piment 🔥
ECEF11E3-A0FF-44AA-9D7F-E0E7A548AAF6.jpeg
miam-miam

Thank you for sharing these amazing photos������..et oui, my mouth is watering as we speak! Since we can’t get to St-Tropez now, pourquoi pas? I think that resto looks fantastic! It would be a very special vacation dinner��...I will look forward to celebrating many things there since we have had to put off so many milestones the last couple of years with Covid...something very memorable and exciting. (But I agree, too many 3 stars on one little island might spoil la soupe..)

We have booked for next Feb. Petite Plage is on our list. Fingers crossed we continue in the right direction with the pandemic!