St Jean Bridge is Open

KevinS

Senior Insider
After many months of work to replace the St Jean bridge and utilities in front of the Eden Rock, the bridge is now open. I don’t get the yellow painted traffic lines, or perhaps I do. I’ll leave it to island residents to opine on those.

833FF2AB-BBD3-4F89-A56A-9983832DCB6C.jpeg

We've been here two days and never seen so many detours! And I think we've only been on 1/3 of the island... Will be insane driving here when more people arrive!

The good news is they are very well marked. The new roads take you to zones you may have never even known existed.

The road from the Arawak roundabout and down into Gustavia has turned out grand!

Yes Cheryl and I are curious as well. Can someone post a wider picture please? Thanks and enjoy

We've been here two days and never seen so many detours! And I think we've only been on 1/3 of the island... Will be insane driving here when more people arrive!

What I wouldn't give to be driving along one of those detours right now....

I'm still waiting for the pics of the street into Gustavia from the roundabout!

It would be hard to take pics of a road that still is not completed. there are still traffic cones everywhere and they are still pouring concrete in several places.

actually the road in St Jean in front of Eden Rock still has some work going on and there is a big construction site at the gas station across from the airport, so going from the airport toward Lorient there is still a detour behind the stadium... or you can sneak around if you know the short cuts.

The yellow markings on the road may look a bit odd but there is going to be a little (and I mean little) traffic circle there so the yellow indicates where to go... and the road is not exactly straight so it makes a bit more sense when driving...

the road to Gustavia from the Arawak is still an obstacle course but almost finished, and the road from Le Piment toward Saline is still one way toward Le Piment, another many months-long project; more road work by Tamarin, since last summer it seems, and a few other places as well.. we are not yet out of the woods - makes driving a bit of a challenge at times!

actually the road in St Jean in front of Eden Rock still has some work going on and there is a big construction site at the gas station across from the airport, so going from the airport toward Lorient there is still a detour behind the stadium... or you can sneak around if you know the short cuts.The yellow markings on the road may look a bit odd but there is going to be a little (and I mean little) traffic circle there so the yellow indicates where to go... and the road is not exactly straight so it makes a bit more sense when driving... the road to Gustavia from the Arawak is still an obstacle course but almost finished, and the road from Le Piment toward Saline is still one way toward Le Piment, another many months-long project; more road work by Tamarin, since last summer it seems, and a few other places as well.. we are not yet out of the woods - makes driving a bit of a challenge at times!
“. . . not yet out of the woods!” I agree, Ellen . . . but opening the bridge at Eden Rock cleared a huge bottleneck. And tonight. going down the hill from the Tourmente to Public, the roadway has reflectors showing division of up / down lanes & a sidewalk on the side. Great to see!