Walmart and the new iPad

MIke R

Senior Insider
20 dollars cheaper than Apple and up to 300 bucks for your old tablet

[h=1]Wal-Mart to start iPad trade-in program[/h] By Emily Jane Fox @emilyjanefox October 23, 2013: 10:37 AM
131023081307-walmart-tablet-trade-in-program-620xa.jpg
Starting Wednesday, customers can trade in their old iPads at Wal-Mart stores.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney)
[h=2]If you've got your eye on the new iPad, but are scared by the price tag, Wal-Mart is trying to help.[/h] Just a day after Apple (AAPL, Fortune 500) unveiled its thinner, lighter iPad Air, the nation's largest retailer announced that customers can now trade in their old tablets for new at any of its 3,600 stores nationwide.

Wal-Mart (WMT, Fortune 500)said shoppers can get up to $300 for their current tablet, depending on the model. The credit can then be used toward the purchase of a new device.
The trade-in plan program in stores on Wednesday. Wal-Mart will start carrying the new iPad Air on Nov. 1, which it will sell for $479. It will sell the new iPad mini for $399 once Apple makes it available.

I have a better chance brokering peace in the mid east than getting my current iPad from Lena - so there will be no trade in, but she isnt getting the password for my new one...:happytomad:

Our girls both have one. We are thinking its time for us to get one this Christmas.

Now the decision, which one to get??