Correct Forum?

cec1

Senior Insider
It isn’t exactly “St Barts restaurant reviews, favorite dishes, chefs, island dining advice” . . . but I’ve spent too much time anguishing over the answer!

A post to report on a simple, great evening! Sunset cocktails & hors d’oeuvre with close friends at Fouquet’s of Hôtel Barrière Le Carl Gustaf . . . followed by a solo Villa dinner of leftover pasta in tomato, basil, & meat sauce, with a fresh garden salad & a few glasses of a fantastic 2012 “Grand Vin de Bordeaux,” 100% Merlot. With lemon & strawberry sorbets . . . binge watching “Grace & Frankie” . . . I was in a special St. Barths evening! 79472A55-79A4-4A30-8518-3EA95119A12E.jpg

Dennis, you assembled a lovely dinner plate. Looks like you got to ‘wash it down” nicely too.

Bravo!

Simply elegant, Dennis!

I’m sad that my pals, Grace & Frankie, won’t be providing me giggles any longer. I have thoroughly enjoyed their shenanigans over the years.

Very nice, Dennis! I like the way you roll! I am a huge fan Grace & Frankie. Jane and Lily are an awesome combination. The series will be missed big time.

Very nice, Dennis! I like the way you roll! I am a huge fan Grace & Frankie. Jane and Lily are an awesome combination. The series will be missed big time.

Merci . . . in the midst of nearly a month of “gourmandizing,” home-spun reality is important. And, YES! I’ll miss spending time with Jane & Lily! (Sometime when we’re together, I’ll share more of my story of an August night at Maya’s — many years ago — where I, alone, was seated next to Jane & her possee . . . until they insisted that I join them (only male at the table). There were no other patrons in the restaurant. Needless to say, quite an experience . . . and, incidentally, a great memory.)

Merci . . . in the midst of nearly a month of “gourmandizing,” home-spun reality is important. And, YES! I’ll miss spending time with Jane & Lily! (Sometime when we’re together, I’ll share more of my story of an August night at Maya’s — many years ago — where I, alone, was seated next to Jane & her possee . . . until they insisted that I join them (only male at the table). There were no other patrons in the restaurant. Needless to say, quite an experience . . . and, incidentally, a great memory.)

Oh, I just ADORE your stories, Dennis! Especially when toes are in the warm St Barth sand and chilled Rosè is flowing.

Merci . . . in the midst of nearly a month of “gourmandizing,” home-spun reality is important. And, YES! I’ll miss spending time with Jane & Lily! (Sometime when we’re together, I’ll share more of my story of an August night at Maya’s — many years ago — where I, alone, was seated next to Jane & her possee . . . until they insisted that I join them (only male at the table). There were no other patrons in the restaurant. Needless to say, quite an experience . . . and, incidentally, a great memory.)[/

Gary and I shall look very forward to hearing more about your dinner encounter with Jane and her entourage! I can only imagine the interesting evening which was had by all. Your story telling is always a real joy to read and take in. Keep it up!