Provisioning/Grocery Shopping

KevinS

Senior Insider
On our recent trip I wanted some pre-arrival provisioning done. As much as I like roaming the aisles of Super U and the smaller groceries, the walking (or, in the words of Mr Buffett "Runnin' up and down the aisle of the Mini Mart"), is not quite as feasible for me as it used to be. I've foregone the delights of finding wonderful and previously unknown French products in the name of convenience.

The first thing that I did was to email Vincent at Premium IV, solver of all problems. Vincent told me that he no longer provides that service, but now uses DeliFood Island to do provisioning. Given a list, he was happy to set up an order for me.

The order was delivered and stored at the villa before we arrived. There were a number of acceptable substitutions, but otherwise the order was almost perfect. However, we were missing the Rhum Vanille and the Baguette. I reached out to Vincent, who quickly got back to me to let me know that the Rhum Vanille was an Oops!, they had delivered Vanilla Ice Cream instead, and I was credited. He said to look in the oven for the Baguette, where they had placed it to protect it from critters. Looking in the oven, there it was! Of course, where else would you look for the bread except in the oven, LOL. The Rhum Vanille was quickly and quietly delivered to the villa.

I subsequently placed another order with DeliFood, which arrived on a day when I was at the villa, and I was equally pleased.

If you choose to use DeliFood for delivery, here's a tip. Create an account BEFORE you create an order. I didn't, and ended up having to input my order twice. If you have it, give them any required gate code for the villa.

Also, be aware that you are going to pay a premium for everything that you order, and be doubly aware that the premium on alcohol is huge.

I will use DeliFood on our next visit, but I will get (most of) our alcohol elsewhere.

Last edited:
PS - Speaking of Mini Marts, the island Mini Mart, the small grocery where I was still able to do much of my shopping, is no longer. It is now a Monoprix home goods store. I now do my limited in-store shopping at the equally small Mono Mart in Marigot.

The one thing that I miss the most about not shopping at Super U is the Fruit and Produce section. My nose was happy every time that I went there. Oh, the aromas!

On our recent trip I wanted some pre-arrival provisioning done. As much as I like roaming the aisles of Super U and the smaller groceries, the walking (or, in the words of Mr Buffett "Runnin' up and down the aisle of the Mini Mart"), is not quite as feasible for me as it used to be. I've foregone the delights of finding wonderful and previously unknown French products in the name of convenience.

The first thing that I did was to email Vincent at Premium IV, solver of all problems. Vincent told me that he no longer provides that service, but now uses DeliFood Island to do provisioning. Given a list, he was happy to set up an order for me.

The order was delivered and stored at the villa before we arrived. There were a number of acceptable substitutions, but otherwise the order was almost perfect. However, we were missing the Rhum Vanille and the Baguette. I reached out to Vincent, who quickly got back to me to let me know that the Rhum Vanille was an Oops!, they had delivered Vanilla Ice Cream instead, and I was credited. He said to look in the oven for the Baguette, where they had placed it to protect it from critters. Looking in the oven, there it was! Of course, where else would you look for the bread except in the oven, LOL. The Rhum Vanille was quickly and quietly delivered to the villa.

I subsequently placed another order with DeliFood, which arrived on a day when I was at the villa, and I was equally pleased.

If you choose to use DeliFood for delivery, here's a tip. Create an account BEFORE you create an order. I didn't, and ended up having to input my order twice. If you have it, give them any required gate code for the villa.

Also, be aware that you are going to pay a premium for everything that you order, and be doubly aware that the premium on alcohol is huge.

I will use DeliFood on our next visit, but I will get (most of) our alcohol elsewhere.
I know La Cave would do free delivery for a nice order in the past.

I know La Cave would do free delivery for a nice order in the past.
I have an account at La Cave. I am happy to shop there, and bought some great Corton Charlemagne Grand Cru and a case of Veuve Clicquot last week. I might be even happier if they delivered to my villa, 😆.

I have an account at La Cave. I am happy to shop there, and bought some great Corton Charlemagne Grand Cru and a case of Veuve Clicquot last week. I might be even happier if they delivered to my villa, 😆.
I'd be even more happy if you delivered that Corton Charlemagne and Veuve to me, just sayin' !! :love: 😊..I must say, I live for my visits to Super U, though..(I know, pathetic as it sounds!) :ROFLMAO: Hope you are having an amazing time!!