Hopefully this is the last chapter of this story

10945597_10155085567535058_3124067311065506324_n.jpg

"To really change the pressure, you need one of these," he added, holding up an inflation needle.

unfortunately when Bill Nye makes a grossly inaccurate blanket statement like that, he loses a little credibility with me ......
And makes me think he might have an agenda....

my Daughters basketball is in my cold car right now as I write this and it will be very flat with little bounce when she takes it to the gym..... until it warms up.....then it will be fine.......no inflation needle involved

Summit HS in Breckenridge Colorado at 10 thousand feet doesn't take basketballs to their away games down in Denver because they re flat as can be when they get there.......again ......no inflation needle involved

sorry Mr Nye.....but you really don't necessarily need an inflation needle to "really change the pressure" in a ball

sorry Mr Nye.....but you really don't necessarily need an inflation needle to "really change the pressure" in a ball

1. There is no change in altitude is this situation so your Colorado analogy does not apply.

2. The temperature difference for your daughter's ball is what, 70 degrees? 50 degrees? With the Patriots football we're talking a 15 or 20 degree temperature change, so that's not the best comparison either.

1. There is no change in altitude is this situation so your Colorado analogy does not apply.

2. The temperature difference for your daughter's ball is what, 70 degrees? 50 degrees? With the Patriots football we're talking a 15 or 20 degree temperature change, so that's not the best comparison either.

once again....you missed the point.....Mr Nye said "to really change the pressure you need one of these"

he didn't relate that to the Patriots (or anyone's ) situation with that statement .....he made a broadbased scientific statement ....that he is 100% wrong on.....period

And I gave two examples which repudiate that conclusively ....

And which loses his credibility to me

end of story

remind me to never let you be on my jury if Iam being convicted of a crime ......lol

once again....you missed the point.....Mr Nye said "to really change the pressure you need one of these"

he didn't relate that to the Patriots (or anyone's ) situation with that statement .....he made a broadbased scientific statement ....that he is 100% wrong on.....period

And I gave two examples which repudiate that conclusively ....

And which loses his credibility to me

end of story

So you don't think it's possible that he took the zero change in altitude and negligible change in temperature into account when he made his statement? And then concluded that the pressure change couldn't have due to atmospheric changes?

That's what you're supposed to do when you look at things, not take some wild extreme that had nothing to due with the actual event. I mean if they inflated the ball on the Sun and played the game on Haley's Comet…….

So you don't think it's possible that he took the zero change in altitude and negligible change in temperature into account when he made his statement? And then concluded that the pressure change couldn't have due to atmospheric changes?

That's what you're supposed to do when you look at things, not take some wild extreme that had nothing to due with the actual event. I mean if they inflated the ball on the Sun and played the game on Haley's Comet…….

He didn't say that and therefore I assume nothing here......

Belichick lied and Brady lied. Goodell is silent. Goodell had a golden opportunity to redeem himself, and so quickly after the mistakes he made last fall. I guess as Upton Siclair said "it is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon him not understang it".

Nye already said last week he was a Seattle fan. Duh. So you discount the actual maker of the football. Even a blind man can see.