Westerly Winds Coming Thursday

From TW web: Travel Alert: St. Barths flights scheduled for 3/28 are cancelled due to forecasted high winds. Please contact Tradewind Service at (203) 267-3599 for re-accommodation assistance. Flights for 3/29 are being monitored for potential disruptions.

After 43 years visiting this wonderful place we are headed home a day early tomorrow. I wanted to thank all the senior insiders for their words of wisdom after hurricanes, Covid and now lack of wind causing flights to be canceled Thursday and Friday. All of you have helped us navigate major events since the forum was created and helping all of us with extra knowledge of unusual events. Amy’s post last night allowed me to change our departure from Thursday to Wednesday on Tradewind. Thank you!
We were told today planes need a minimum of 10 mph tail winds in order to take off here. Forecast has west wind at 3-4 mph hence flight cancelations. It used to happen after hurricanes we were told so it was a rare event. This year it has happened 4 times already.
Evacuating during those last few days before island shut down for Covid the forum was full of so much help and information. Also getting back after Irma and other hurricanes, the forum again was my source of help and information.

Thanks to all of you especially Amy and Phil last night . Hopefully we’ll be back for our 44 th year.

We are at Airport awaiting departure on Tradewind. Winair canceled flights for today.
Good for helicopter business. I see the whirlybirds coming and going all morning.

Odile at Gumbs said to me when I turned in my car that no clients she is aware were notified by Winair or SBC about today cancellations

A few minutes ago. WinAir in and Tradewind out! Check the dock out!
IMG_1008.png
IMG_1009.png

Last edited:
We got an email from SBC today around 4 pm warning that our Friday flight could be cancelled with about an hour‘s notice. Still thinking about plan B. There are worse places to get stuck and now that we’re retired it’s not such a big deal.