The Morgan Sails Again

My new neighbor is just pulling in......
Wonder if they ll invite me over for happy hour?????

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 53
Oh sure.... They invite this guy over in his little dinky boat .....but not me.....yet

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 51
Nah ......not this boat .....when I'm sitting in my lounge chair later on with a snifter of MBolo rhum and a big fat Cuban, they will wish they were over here .......maybe

And someone still needs to explain to me how the floating oyster cages off Beach Point which currently have multiple cormorants sitting on top of all the cages and pooping into the cages all day long where the FILTER FEEDING oysters are living isn't going to adversely effect the oysters .....

And they re breeding like rabbits and eating all our juvenile flounders......I keep offering to go out there and spread out some smelts laced with antifreeze but Wendi says she won't post my bail

Cormorants seemed exotic and beautiful, when, as a child, I read The Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell. The heroine made a...cape?...of cormorant feathers. Wonderful book.

They seem prehistoric. And...disgusting.

... In Paradise Lost (Book 4), Satan took the form of a cormorant ... overlooking the Garden from atop the Tree of Life, he caught his first sight of Adam and Eve ...

And they are breeding like rabbits and eating all our juvenile flounders......I keep offering to go out there and spread out some smelts laced with antifreeze but Wendi says she won't post my bail

Alternatively you could start a cormorant fishing cruise on Cee Jay ...

Wild China:Fishing With The Birds from the BBC has good underwater video and suggests a way the fishing could compete with the Boatslip Tea Dance if done right ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNEplaYZtpI

"Cormorant fishing is a dying art. For thousands of years, fishermen have used trained cormorants to fish the rivers and lakes of China. The process is simple: The fisherman first ties a snare near the base of the bird's throat, which effectively prevents them from swallowing larger fish, although they can still swallow some smaller fish. When a cormorant catches a fish, the fisherman then brings the bird back to the boat and has it spit the fish up onto the bamboo deck."
From The Atlantic

CF.jpg

cormorants are such good fishers the Japanese use them to
catch fish......they keep them on a leash and tie
their throats almost shut....bird dives and gets a
fish and is then pulled in on the leash and thefisherman
reaches down its throat and pulls the fish out