Tamarin, L'Espirit or Le Papillon??

Does anybody remember the original L'Esprit, which was very short-lived and run by the owners of the future Meat and Potatoes? We frequented that place as they had lunch and very interesting but simple menu, competing with Pacri nearby and the original Le Tamarin, all having lunches, the tradition that went away.
Yes, I remember it well. My friends and I dined there first in 2004, went back the following year and then lost track. There is a write up of the 3 owners in Kara Brooks' book "Paradise Found." Kevin is correct (of course ; ) they did work together at Maya's. As I recall, it was one of the 3, JC, who opened Meat and Potatoes. We still miss M+P, it was a favorite.

Attachments

• IMG_5716.jpeg
    IMG_5716.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 37
L’Esprit de Saline. My recollection is that the principal staff were previously at Maya’s or Maya’s to go. Some of them went on to open La Vela in Gustavia.
Did one of them also go to or start Meat and Potatoes? Not sure about that.....

Did one of them also go to or start Meat and Potatoes? Not sure about that.....
I thought I had either read or was told one of the former L'Esprit owners started M+P, could very well be mistaken, you would know best. Whoever it was, we really enjoyed M+P.

I'm with Amy, Phil and I talk about the quality choices of meat and expansive selection of adornments at M + P.

I'm with Amy, Phil and I talk about the quality choices of meat and expansive selection of adornments at M + P.
I think it was JC out of 3 who opened Meat & Potatoes. It was a great dining spot for all the time it was there. Meat choices were great, dishes were superbly prepared and the selection of their dishes was very original, a French interpretation of Turkish cuisine with different kebabs and such. Also, they had many special days with really low prices for high-quality food. The enjoyment was too short. I remember somebody (Dennis?) on this forum said that JC got tired and needed some rest after which he might open a new concept.