Remember The Mosquito Sprays

amyb

Senior Insider
Last night was a night of thunder and lightning and lots of pounding rain on the roof. I was up a lot.

Today I dozed off while reading on the back deck in the amazing quiet. No ack ack or hammering today! Yay.

Now, as Derby day wends down I find many itching spots on arms and legs…the little varmints got me.

Reminder to all to use bug spray and sun screen for happier vacation stays!

I brought Deep Woods Off with 25% DEET on my recent visit, I used it every day, and I left it for the next guest. A previous guest had left Repel with 40% DEET.

Whatever the DEET percentage you use, or if you prefer a different repellant, the bottom line never changes.

Just use it.

I brought Deep Woods Off with 25% DEET on my recent visit, I used it every day, and I left it for the next guest. A previous guest had left Repel with 40% DEET.

Whatever the DEET percentage you use, or if you prefer a different repellant, the bottom line never changes.

Just use it.
Absolutely! After a life-threatening episode of Dengue 4 - 5 years ago, I never leave the Villa without “l’eau de Off!”

No matter how many times Denise applies 40% DEET she still gets many bites. On the other hand I very seldom get a bite. I think blood type has a big factor for that.

Always part of our travel essentials - even when carry on only as we are doing this trip. 2 days and we are on our way - already packed!

1714940944924.jpeg

We are fortunate to stay at the same villa and are able to leave a few things here. Two years ago we brought a Thermacell with us in our checked bag and now each year we bring the refills. It doesn’t take the place of spraying but most days between it and the breezes there have been few mosquitoes. I know this isn’t a solution for everyone, but it’s worked for us.

We are fortunate to stay at the same villa and are able to leave a few things here. Two years ago we brought a Thermacell with us in our checked bag and now each year we bring the refills. It doesn’t take the place of spraying but most days between it and the breezes there have been few mosquitoes. I know this isn’t a solution for everyone, but it’s worked for us.
Just looked into Thermacell. Looks promising. How long does a cartridge last?