On Continue …

Bit of mixed bag at Ti Corail today. Yann very welcoming and correct. Camille annoying. Nice Billecart Salmon brut at 95€. Œufs Mimosa with ventreche de thon and Poutargue very nice. Tartare de thon jaune very nice. Frites good. Mme Cassidain’s « lobster roll » basically a mayonnaise roll. « Where’s the beef? » 😠
We’ll be back in couple of days.

Alas, Tamarin's the Edgar the duck is no more. They have a sweet cat with white hind leg boots on a black body...cute as hell.

Ordered à la carte and was able to stay within a comfortable price range. The portions are generous. Unlike many wine lists on the island, there were intelligently chosen, beautiful wines in the under 200€ range. The sommelier, Jore, was most helpful. All the service was professional and personable.
The cuisine is beautifully conceived, prepared, and presented. Jared is a very serious chef and his restaurant merits Michelin’s consideration. The space and the views are head of the class in Saint-Barth. Highly recommended.
It’s easy to see why their TA ratings are stellar. :)

Last edited:
IMG_1477.jpeg

Jolly nook for a game of backgammon and une flûte de Champagne at OC.

Reactions: JEK
Bit of mixed bag at Ti Corail today. Yann very welcoming and correct. Camille annoying. Nice Billecart Salmon brut at 95€. Œufs Mimosa with ventreche de thon and Poutargue very nice. Tartare de thon jaune very nice. Frites good. Mme Cassidain’s « lobster roll » basically a mayonnaise roll. « Where’s the beef? » 😠
We’ll be back in couple of days.
Uh oh, we booked lunch there for the lobster roll or the lobster cassoulet...I really do agree, there are some hit or miss dishes there. Great choice on the BS...they make a nice rosé as well. The price doesn't seem bad, but I am an inexperienced day drinker which may make dinner that night out of the question🤪..and who wouldn't want to finish the bottle? Perhaps we need some drinking friends...

Day 3

With apologies par avance, my ode to Andy :cool:
View attachment 67737

Amazed to see Sunday Night NFL on large screen at Le Glacier last nite walking back to the car.
View attachment 67738

Channeled Mr Dennis today and had salade à la langouste at LTBC. Tartare de thon pour Mme Cassidain and frites à partager. First time to do the navette down. Fun and chic. Lots of little things proclaim well-run establishment. Got back to villa just as bottom dropped out of heavily laden sky. Whew !

Ran into LCL across from aéroport this morning (traffic down there is insane) to top off the bag of € and then popped into new Monoprix in Lorient for needed villa dinner provisions - additional bottle of Bolly (per Kevin’s instructions) for second half foie gras, Spanish charcuterie, and a Saint-Marcellin.
Highly recommend new Monoprix.
Very excited about the new Monoprix..sounds like a good place to make a picnic lunch, especially everything you chose!

Uh oh, we booked lunch there for the lobster roll or the lobster cassoulet...I really do agree, there are some hit or miss dishes there. Great choice on the BS...they make a nice rosé as well. The price doesn't seem bad, but I am an inexperienced day drinker which may make dinner that night out of the question🤪..and who wouldn't want to finish the bottle? Perhaps we need some drinking friends...
Hi, DM. We’ve only been there a couple of times, but think the place has charm and authenticity. The lobster roll was their only « miss » so far. Maybe Yann’s assistant just forgot to add the lobster :geek:
They also offer the excellent Minuty Rose et Or at 70€. We’ll probably have that when return Saturday.

Maybe they will give you extra lobster on Saturday to make up.
Reminds me of running joke between Anita and I. One time she ordered the special at a local restaurant which was Filet with Béarnaise, etc.
Now we call the dish Filet without Béarnaise.

Wow ! How nice !
Last week watching the opening of a local tv program from Savannah, a CBS affiliate, one of the 3 'stars' mentioned the Hermes heir who planned to leave whatever to the gardener, I heard the man pronounce that name as Her Meez. Or like Hymies Deli, this would have been Hermies Deli. Told him he needs to Google when unfamiliar with names, he & the 2 other hosts didn't know the brand either. My computer has no accent mark so no comments please about that.