Hotel Beach Chairs

jbtravel

SBH Member
Hello everyone 🤗

We are so looking forward to our upcoming stay in December.

I was wondering if anyone has an updated list of hotel beach chair prices? Or if there are any hotels that allow guests to use their beach facilities free of charge while having lunch at their restaurant.

I remember that Cheval Blanc charges 50EUR per chair, but I can't recall the pricing for other hotels. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much for your help.

I’m not aware of such a list. I do recall that there was a recent (last 6 months or so) issue between the Collectivité and the hotels regarding beach chairs, beach chairs for clients other than hotel guests, and food service at beach chairs. I don’t know how the issue was resolved.

If "December" means the busy Christmas season I might suspect hotels would reserve transats for hotel guests ???

A lot of hotels run "day pass" specials during the off season where there is a set price for transats and lunch, or transats, lunch and a spa treatment. I just went to one at Le Barthélemy the other day that was chairs by pool or beach, a 60 minute massage and a two-course lunch for 195€. The also had one that was just chairs and lunch for around 135€. I have seen similar offers recently from Gyp Sea and Manypany. That being said, I do not know if they consider early December to be off-season or would be offering anything similar then. December seems to be when they are ramping up for the festive season with new staff, new menus, etc. I doubt any of the hotels offer free transats if you just have lunch at the restaurant, but maybe someone else has more info.

Le Barthelemy also offered day passes in late November, but there was a 4-person a day limit and we were a party of 5. We we offered beach chairs after our lunch for 45/euros each without reserving in advance since the hotel wasn't busy.

Wonderful! Thank you all very much for the help! Probably it’s best to call the hotels closer to the date and reserve the chairs directly.

Le Barthelemy was offering the day pass this past December when we were on the island. We utilized the day pass with massage, lunch, and beach chairs twice during our stay in early December.