Fabulous London Hotel: St. Pancras Renaissance International Hotel

Jim Kelly-Evans

Senior Insider
We flew overseas on December 9 to enjoy a few days of Christmas in London before returning to New York aboard the Queen Mary 2, our third such December crossing on the magnificent sole surviving ocean liner. This time we selected the St. Pancras Renaissance International Hotel as our accommodation in London. Situated adjacent to the historic train station, the historic Victorian era hotel boasts two classes of rooms and two fine restaurants. We stayed in the Chambers wing, which includes access to the private Chambers Club, featuring a full buffet breakfast and snacks and wine throughout the day, all complimentary. The location of the hotel allows for easy access to the sights without having to deal with the congestion closer in near The Strand, Trafalgar square and Piccadilly Circus. We can highly recommend this beautiful and historic hotel and we're looking forward to returning during a future visit to the UK. Today we're still at sea headed for Brooklyn and scheduled to dock there Friday morning. We are currently experiencing the roughest seas of the trip with high winds and 25 ft. swells. However, the QM2 was built for these conditions or worse so the ship plows on mightily.

P1030874.JPGP1030876.JPGP1030877.JPGP1030878.JPGP1030880.JPGP1030881.JPGP1030883.JPGP1030885.JPG

Also beautiful in October, Jim!
IMG_6731.jpeg
. . . with the adjacent, great St. Pancras ”Tube” stop
IMG_6729.jpeg
. . . and train station, featuring its iconic single-span, glass & wrought iron, lattice work structure — largest such structure in the world when constructed in the 1860s.
IMG_6722.jpeg
“I want my time with you”IMG_6725.jpeg

Jim, your above ground photography equals your underwater pix & thanks for sharing ! I know I have arrived & departed from that beautiful station, but not the destination in the north...Edinburgh possibly. I would not have done well on your ship in rough seas, but no doubt an interesting crossing !

Jim, your above ground photography equals your underwater pix & thanks for sharing ! I know I have arrived & departed from that beautiful station, but not the destination in the north...Edinburgh possibly. I would not have done well on your ship in rough seas, but no doubt an interesting crossing !
Nancy . . . St. Pancras is the station for departure / arrival of Eurostar -- maybe you traveled to / from Paris?