Did someone say too many rental cars and not enough parking?

JEK

Senior Insider
From The Weekly
IMG_0979.jpeg

“He went on to denounce private individuals who have created rental fleets without having parking lots for their vehicles.”

I remember a certain rental company who had cars parked on Rue de Roi Oscar II in Gustavia (up the street from L’Isola). The cars would not move during the two weeks when I was on the island. When I returned a few months later, the same two cars would be in the same parking spots, and would not move during the two weeks when I was on the island.

Odile told me Monday they're no longer used. I've known Ellen longer than I've known Odile so now I'm confused.

Good question, maybe they have been phased out and they didn't tell anyone or take down the signs indicated they should be used? I will try and find out...

Rosemond called the Territorial Police who confirmed that blue disks are obligatory in Gustavia where the signs indicate they should be used. And that you risk a ticket if not displayed on the dashboard, visible through the windshield. Trivia of the day, the chief of police is also called Rosemond Gréaux...

Rosemond called the Territorial Police who confirmed that blue disks are obligatory in Gustavia where the signs indicate they should be used. And that you risk a ticket if not displayed on the dashboard, visible through the windshield. Trivia of the day, the chief of police is also called Rosemond Gréaux...
I don't even own one... lol. I will have to be on the lookout as well!

We went into town this past Sunday morning around 9:30 and ended up parking at the hospital. No spots anywhere. Assuming it was due to the market. We are seeing more cars than normal. In villa now watching the bumper to bumper traffic to and from the roundabout above the airport. Where is everyone going????