Chez Gus?

As a new restaurant, Chez Gus will probably modify their menu over time, as many restaurants do as they see what works and what doesn’t, and as the Chef finds new inspiration.
Hard to believe lots of folks still into rognons de veau à l’ancienne, par exemple. :sick:

Check the framed quote next to the waitperson’s head, 😂

I’ve been asked via PM whether I would return to Chez Gus. Of course I would. I like the venue, I like the buzz, but I don’t dine alone. Sadly, I am alone in enjoying the offerings on the current menu. Time is running out on this visit, with just a very few days left, so we won’t return this week. As a new restaurant, Chez Gus will probably modify their menu over time, as many restaurants do as they see what works and what doesn’t, and as the Chef finds new inspiration. I look forward to seeing what those changes are, and finding a menu that we’re both happy with on our next visit.
Well said, Kevin. I look forward to going there in the next couple of weeks and will give you an update.

Here you go DM,

Mimosa Eggs, which are basically France’s version of Deviled Eggs
IMG_8831.jpeg

Cecine de Boeuf Teruel, Sauce Gribache. (Sauce Gribache is not not common, I’m not sure that I’ve had it before, and I need to try someone else’s to compare.)
View attachment 68707

Blanquette de Veau, a dish which I’m very fond of. Very filling. I would like to try it again on a different day.

IMG_8832.jpeg
IMG_8833.jpeg

Last edited:
Here’s David Lebovitz’ amusing article about Sauce Gribiche:

I seem to have lost the photo Cecine de Boeuf Teruel, Sauce Gribache. It has been added at the end of my post.

Thanks, Cass. Your adder on Sauce Gribiche explains a lot. Au pif!