Byzance lately?

What can one say? “Dramatic, exotic, and opulent.” Rent in summer $6,700/week, two bedrooms . . . in season, $11,009/week. About $1,600\night. Does anyone else here wonder what rings the bell at this rate? In asking this question, I’ll explain that my indulgence in travel is more directed to fine dining than “dramatic, exotic, & opulent” (not to suggest that there‘s anything wrong with dramatic, exotic, and opulent . . . I’ve memorably done it.).

I stayed there 8-weeks ago. Happy to answer any questions. I would not classify as dramatic, exotic and opulent. There is no air conditioning in the Kitchen/Dining area. The daybed next to jacuzzi is very dirty. Numerous loose deck boards with protruding nails. The air conditioning in bedrooms are inadequate in cooling the bedrooms during the day, they work well at night. The privacy and views are very nice

Last edited:
I consider myself Villa promiscuous. I have been staying in Villas over 35-times. Sum it up, I will not return to Byzance.

Dad, was that rental thru Happy/Corcoran ?
Yes, Corcoran are the best in my book. They handled my paperwork very well.
I did my own research and had been to Byzance after Irma and met the Manager at that time. Some things you do not discover until you stay the night. No axe to grind about Byzance, just better places for the money, IMO.

Do you have other 2 bdrm villas off the top of your head that you could recommend? Thx for the input. Wanting a great view, privacy.

My favorite 2BR villas are Les Basses, on the beach in Lorient, and Les Jardins d'Emmanuel, on the edge of Lorient and overlooking the east side of Baie de St Jean. Both have a loyal following, and it can be difficult to find an opening.

Hello Kevin,
I concur with your assessment, do not forget about Villa Claire and the newly renovated Villa Baleine....

Do you have other 2 bdrm villas off the top of your head that you could recommend? Thx for the input. Wanting a great view, privacy
My favorite 2BR villas are Les Basses, on the beach in Lorient, and Les Jardins d'Emmanuel, on the edge of Lorient and overlooking the east side of Baie de St Jean. Both have a loyal following, and it can be difficult to find an opening.
Thx for info everyone.