St Barts Passport & Visa Requirements

A valid passport is required to enter St Barth's (as opposed to a certified copy of a birth certificate and a photo id). This policy has been in place for some time (see State Department Information Sheet - FWI.

A visa is not required for US citizens until you plan to stay for more than 90 days.

NO visa is needed for citizens of the European Union, USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Israel.

Your air reservation name must match your passport EXACTLY!
This will save you A LOT of time and frustration.

For Information regarding immigration St Barts, contact the National Police at:

Helpful passport links:
U.S. State Department Passport Center
Everything You Need To Apply For A Passport in the U.S.

Need to renew your passport in a rush?
Visit to receive or renew your passport.

Need a travel Visa?

Infant/Child Passport Requirements
Passport information if you are traveling with kids

Canadian Passport Office
Applying for a Canadian passport

United Kingdom Passport Services
Applying for a UK passport

Australia Passports
Applying for an Australian passport

Passport Expiration Topic Lost passport procedure?

Embassies & Consulates
U.S. Citizens Contact
Consulate General of France in New York
934 Fifth Ave.
New York, NY
tel. 212/606-3600

Canadian Citizens Contact
Canada's Embassy of France
42 Promenade St.
Sussex, Ottawa, ON
tel. 613/789-1795


Over 20,000 St Barts Topics!
Ask questions, get advice, meet a great group of people passionate about everything St Barts. Vacation reviews, villas, hotels, restaurants, transportation, advice & information

Enter Forums

Travel Planning Help

If you would like assistance planning any part of your trip you can call the Wimco Villas offices at 1-800-449-1553 and speak directly with A St Barts travel specialist or use this online question form.

Villa & Hotel Assistance