Zion Reservations

Santa Fe opening early September. Try Bananiers, Rivage, Grain de Sel, L’Esprit…they come to mind. Yes, the hurricane shutters go on and staff takes off not to return until sometime In October.

Good luck. We have built meals around rotisserie chickens and salads from Marche U.

Hi Zin,
I feel your pain. Every major hotel is closed which includes some very nice restaurants. I have also spent an inordinate amount of time with reservations.

Santa Fe opening early September. Try Bananiers, Rivage, Grain de Sel, L’Esprit…they come to mind. Yes, the hurricane shutters go on and staff takes off not to return until sometime In October.

Good luck. We have built meals around rotisserie chickens and salads from Marche U.

Bananiers is excellent, and open. Grain de Sel is closed. Rivage was surprisingly good. Ti Corail has been booked since we arrived last weekend. Getting take away there today. Langouste is struggling with staffing and hence has not been open. Rooftop at Robuchon was good on the eve of closing yesterday. We aren't starving.

Bananiers is excellent, and open. We aren't starving.

Glad to read that you are all fortified and well nourished.

Bananiers is so much more than great pizza--easy to go there twice!
Rivage has a good sized menu and wonderful blackboard specials lunch or dinner.

At home I am finding changes in name and ownership of dining spots. Closures,for vacation and permanent closures too. That Wuhan virus really harmed our local restaurant scene. I wish our new spots the best of luck.

So after reading this yesterday I figured I should reach out to Eddy's and Nikki for our first night and Sunday Funday. Eddy's did not have our preferred time (8 PM) available so we had to settle for 7:30 PM. And Nikki is totally booked :mad: which was surprising b/c last year they didn't even start taking reservations until October or something. If this is the "new normal" I am not a fan.....

So after reading this yesterday I figured I should reach out to Eddy's and Nikki for our first night and Sunday Funday. Eddy's did not have our preferred time (8 PM) available so we had to settle for 7:30 PM. And Nikki is totally booked :mad: which was surprising b/c last year they didn't even start taking reservations until October or something. If this is the "new normal" I am not a fan.....

We booked our Nikki reservation for December LAST month. It’s crazy to have to do it so soon.

We booked Nikki for Sunday in November about 3 months ago. We gave a list of our “must do’s” to our concierge and they handled the rest. We did have to file 5 separate credit card info requests to confirm and I don’t have a problem with that in principle but I do have concerns regarding the safe handling of that information.

But do any of the other places have this vibe?
IMG_5812.jpg

and I say try Rivage

And Tropical for a lovely charming lunch in a garden room
I can’t wait to try Rivage…it was the first place we ate dinner on our first trip to St. Barts in 2006. We stayed in Marigot and were afraid to drive too far away from our villa. I think we ate there 3 nights in a row until we got the lay of the land and courage to drive around at night. We had dinner at Tropical in April, and I fell in love with the setting there. It is on par (to me) with Tamarin and Eddy’s at night….just a charming garden setting with so many chirping frogs. I’m going to do lunch AND dinner there next time.

I will totally have to write to our concierge at Le G. tomorrow...my favorite is Nikki on Sunday and I will be so sad if we can't get it!! Thank you for the warning, marybeth! And also it is not uncommon for San Diego restaurants to ask for your credit card to secure your reservation.

Kevin, when is moules day at Santa Fe? Used to be Thursday; then I heard it was Friday. There were no moules in February. Still had a fabulous time, though!
I make more reservations now than I ever have before, but there is nowhere that I want to go to so badly that I make reservations months ahead of time. Most are made for the same or next day, or maybe a few days earlier for Moules st Santa Fé.

The usual day is Friday WHEN they are available. Shipments are not guaranteed.,ask to be called if none arrived. There are other wonderful things to dine on at Santa Fe. Sometimes the moules are available on a Saturday…you know, leftovers.