Where am I? (Sunday evening walk)

cec1

Senior Insider
07722929-BA29-47F4-AD97-AC97F491D8D8.jpg
. . . many happy recollections attached to this legendary spot, now an eerie ghost of its past fame.

Great photo Dennis. Club Lafayette was the site of many good family stories told, and retold over the years. Eerie indeed.

The old place on the one beach?

Yes, Dennis . . . as Peter quickly identified, it’s the shell of the former Lafayette Club on Grand Cul de Sac — scene of many over-priced bottles of champagne consumed while ogling beautiful models (& clothes) during interminably long waits for ridiculously priced food! What fun it was (with subsequently arriving credit card bills being reminders of the “fun” we enjoyed)!

Always a shock to receive the credit card bills after a trip that included a divine lunch at Lafayette Club. Had my first taste of seared fois Gras there. Table 2 on the water’s edge…always a highlight and the spot to people watch. The memories of huge drinks and ice cream desserts have me early morning HAPPY.

For a second I thought it was Castellets spelling please however too far from the beach

Nothing left of Les Castelets . . . after its severe beating in Hurricane Luis, it remained a ghostly ruin for a number of years while its ownership & fate were litigated by various claimants. Last time I made it up the steep driveway to check the scene, every remnant of this great old property was gone, & the site (5 acres, I believe) had been terraced into three building pads.