Trip Report Dec 8+(Cont.)

MDC

SBH Member
Wonderful trip continues! December winds are with us on St Jean. Went to Corosol for a quick swim after breakfast. Picked up picnic lunch and enjoyed a beautiful afternoon at Saline!
IMG_3434.jpeg

You never get tired of the scene at Saline! However, the slog through the sand to get there is another story 😊 when you are carrying chairs and umbrellas, which constantly blow over, and lunch. I need a better logistical attack next time...

You never get tired of the scene at Saline! However, the slog through the sand to get there is another story 😊 when you are carrying chairs and umbrellas, which constantly blow over, and lunch. I need a better logistical attack next time...
We never spend the day at Saline. It is part of our morning walk along with Flamands St. Jean, Gouverneur. One of our favorite days is going to Le Petit Colombier bakery, buying croissants and coffee, sitting on the beach at Flamands then the wonderful walk.

Winds and waves subsided this morning ion St Jean but decided to head to Saline again for a swim - very beautiful. Picked up provisions for lunch - grilled shrimp etc. and enjoyed on the deck. Afternoon clouds and rain but that did not dampen our day as we enjoyed fine French wine and cheese and being together on St Barts. Like so many others - our happy place!

That tree has been a friend for many years. I’ve sat under or near it on many occasions, including multiple finishes of La Transat. I’ve also sat up there when absolutely nothing was going on except me enjoying the view and some quiet time.

That tree has been a friend for many years. I’ve sat under or near it on many occasions, including multiple finishes of La Transat. I’ve also sat up there when absolutely nothing was going on except me enjoying the view and some quiet time.
You’ve found nirvana!

Gouverneur Beach is equally as breathtaking without the slog. :cool:

Gouverneur Beach is equally as breathtaking without the slog. :cool:
That is DD’s favorite! We try to go twice each trip! We had quite the adventure with the waves a year ago, just about today, where we were seated way up at the top edge of the beach by the greenery and we got inundated by a rogue wave and it drowned us as well as DD’s phone..we are now wary! There was a group, probably off a boat, that had a company set up a tent, music, etc., and perhaps food as well…à nice way to go to the beach! But you are so right, it is so much easier than Saline😁. I can’t imagine a trip without Saline, though!