The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest

For all you Lisbeth fans, a bit of trivia....Just heard that the man convicted of shaking down David Letterman started his prison term today. Two books were in his hand: the Bible and "The Girl Who Played with Fire". Ahem...quite a contrast...wonder which he'll enjoy more!

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest is officially available in the US as of today. Anyone who loved the first two books, and who has had the patience to wait for the US release of the third, should mosey on down to their local bookseller and buy a copy. If you go to Mike's bookstore then buy two and give one to a friend.

A quote from a recent NY Times article on the search for the next "hit" Scandinavian author:

"Independent booksellers, giddy over the bump in sales, said that many customers in their stores are just learning about the Millennium series for the first time. At Powell’s in Portland, Mr. Larsson’s books are selling so quickly — at least 1,500 a week — that the store’s grateful employees have given them a nickname.

“We call them ‘The Girl Who’s Paying Our Salaries for the Next Few Months,’ ” said Gerry Donaghy, the new-book purchasing supervisor. "

Link to entire article

Kevin, I read Hornet's Nest as a "loaner"" from my Marius' birthday celebration friend Toni in Kentucky, December 2009 I think. If they said there was a #4 I would preorder it the very same day that it was announced.

I see the third book all over town and I feel kind of sad knowing that I finished the trilogy

So I reserved my copy at the library and I am last in line with 48 people. However, sometimes I step in it without knowing. I signed up with a Citibank checking account 2 years ago to get 20,000 points on my USAIR credit card. Fine. However, unknown to me, I was also accumulating Reward Points until got an email saying I had 20,000 points and would I like to redeem some. Sure! So lo and behold I can get Hornet's Nest book for 1800 points. Done.