Switched over to this Forum. Last night’s dîner

davesmom

Senior Insider
After 20 years, we finally had dinner at L’Isola, avec le roi et la reine...we found them ensconced in their usual place, surrounded by a contingent of appreciative, servers who obviously knew with whom they were dealing, as much as they try to fly under the radar😁! The party was apparently started as la reine already had something Aperol (anyway, it looked orange-y and when it Rome..), and I had a truly excellent glass (?) of Laurent Perrier Champagne, with such a large pour, it is possible that I could have taken a bath in it, (or at least a facial…I attribute that to the company we were keeping..I highly recommend the company🥰)

Dinner choices were hard but we were up to the task! I started with melon and prosciutto (très conventionnel) but it was pretty ordinaire, so I would probably do something different next time. I think DD had something that involved octopus but that is not my thing, so I didn’t look, as he was in deep conversation with le roi, and girls just want to have fun, anyway, as I admired the new lunettes of my influencer amie..guess I will have to get a pair. We should have her do style on TikTok, but I don‘t have an account, so it was good to see the real deal in person!

I had a divine crab linguine, enough to share for 2, perfectly coated strands of perfection. La reine regaled us with tastes of mushroom ravioli heaven, and DD was deep into what I think was cacio and pepe, but I was too busy admiring and stuffing myself with quite possibly the most incredible French style Italian bread I have ever eaten…I am not kidding and my doctorate in croissant-eating also qualifies me for baguette-judging as well. I was trying to eat reasonably as I knew my reckoning with the gym was coming this morning after 3 days off, but it is futile to resist the pinnacle of bread-eating, especially with olive oil you get to pour yourself, so you can be as profligate as you wish. I wished.

Somehow, we washed it down with a very smooth Chianti, chosen by le roi himself, and suddenly he waived his magic baguette (ok, it was an Italian baguette for this evening’s purposes) and magically 3 desserts appeared out of nowhere, including a tiramisu to die for. (Luckily I only had a small taste since I had overindulged in the aforementioned bread..ya gotta pay the piper at some point...)😂

So, as they say, a good time was had by all and we are anticipating another audience with le roi et la reine a few more times, as they really get around and who wouldn’t want to have an entourage?!

Big time celebrating should happen tonight at Ocean Club with DD..Jarad, can you handle us?! 😁

Lots of rain and wind but it’s still Paradise (and rock and roll) to me🤪😁

Enjoying your visit vicariously with each post ! keep on ! I would be interested in the chianti you had at L'Isola, by chance the brand name ? Perhaps Phil is who I should ask since he chose ? 2 years in a row my niece & I have been wine tasting in Tuscany, the last in Oct. as a group of 12 from across the globe, 19 wineries in 12 days !

Yup, Phil’s your guy! The boys were very busy discussing important information 🤪🤪and the only thing I don’t research is wine…That is DD’s department..I just drink it and give it a 👍 or a 👎😂. (That being said, I am very picky about what I will waste calories on..😋😋)

Enjoying your visit vicariously with each post ! keep on ! I would be interested in the chianti you had at L'Isola, by chance the brand name ? Perhaps Phil is who I should ask since he chose ? 2 years in a row my niece & I have been wine tasting in Tuscany, the last in Oct. as a group of 12 from across the globe, 19 wineries in 12 days !
I am giving you the Wine Trooper award! Did you have to practice up and get in shape for such a marathon? I do egregious things in Napa, but I would be pickled after 3 days..🙄🤣

I am a week or so behind in your posts, but catching up... This was a fun review. The food at L'Isola is consistently excellent. We haven't returned in a few years after a painful experience dining there during the Bucket, but could be enticed if dining with Amy and Phil. We have happily learned that any wine selected by Phil will be a winner.