Sand Bar

PeterLynn

Senior Insider
Been a couple of years, but after a stroll up and down both sides of St Jean beach, we made a lunch reservation at Sand Bar for the following day. Arrived with no parking spots nearby, so went ahead and valet parked. Walking past the hotel boutique and bar to the restaurant, one first feels the cooled breezes and then there's that Eden Rock scent. The place just exudes refinement. We were quickly seated in the middle row looking out over the water. Spritz's were ordered and then we just sat...taking...it...all...in. Ahhhh.... For starters Lynn ordered her favorite watermelon and goat cheese salad. I opted for the special which was an amazing lobster and tobiko caviar ravioli in a beurre blanc sauce. Wow! For our plats, She had the chicken club and I the seared scallops. dessert was a single boule of lime and coconut sorbet (an ode to Harry Nilsson?) Everything was very good as expected, but what makes Sand Bar special is the ability to blend impeccable and precise service that flows with the breezes and house music. We could have stayed all day. Upon receiving "l'addition", who should pass by other than Betty and Charles. So nice to see familiar faces. Did I mention that this is a small island? Leaving by the way we entered, we encountered that "fragrance" again, which resulted in the purchase of a Eden Rock Diptyque candle, which we will light as soon as we can figure out how to make the lobster ravioli dish. Ahhhh...

SandBar-01.jpg

About to just relax.....

SandBar-02.jpg

Please be on the menu next year!

SandBar-03.jpg

Watermelon and goat cheese salad. Always a favorite.

SandBar-04.jpg

Seared scallops and vegetables

SandBar-05.jpg

Chicken club (and lunch the following day)

SandBar-06.jpg

"Put the lime in the coconut..."

Last edited:
“. . . Other than the special entrée the food was very good . . ..” Not sure what you mean — there was a special entrée that wasn‘t good?

I smell the fragrance all the way in Long Island. Great post. Transports me back to my happy place

I smell the fragrance all the way in Long Island. Great post. Transports me back to my happy place
When we walked in to make the reservation, that smell just brought us right back. Stopped at the boutique on the way out and they said it was the candle they had for sale. We bought one without even asking the price and are looking forward to lighting it when we get back, which unfortunately will in a day and a half.

The bag says to follow "edenbeing" on Facebook, etc... Here's a picture of the box, which when smelled is definitely it. For a bonus, the yacht "Infinity" is in the background.

er-candle.jpg

We had lunch there yesterday with complications. Arrived at 1:00 on time for reservation. Ordered within 10 minutes. One hour later we had no food. Evidently the waiter entered our orders incorrectly and we were informed of this with apologies. Food arrived at 2:30!! They did comp us everything except the wine and one appetizer.

We had lunch there yesterday with complications. Arrived at 1:00 on time for reservation. Ordered within 10 minutes. One hour later we had no food. Evidently the waiter entered our orders incorrectly and we were informed of this with apologies. Food arrived at 2:30!! They did comp us everything except the wine and one appetizer.
Too bad they didn't through in a complementary candle.

Reactions: zin