On Continue …

cassidain

Senior Insider
Day 3

With apologies par avance, my ode to Andy :cool:
IMG_1402.jpeg

Amazed to see Sunday Night NFL on large screen at Le Glacier last nite walking back to the car.
IMG_1412.jpeg

Channeled Mr Dennis today and had salade à la langouste at LTBC. Tartare de thon pour Mme Cassidain and frites à partager. First time to do the navette down. Fun and chic. Lots of little things proclaim well-run establishment. Got back to villa just as bottom dropped out of heavily laden sky. Whew !

Ran into LCL across from aéroport this morning (traffic down there is insane) to top off the bag of € and then popped into new Monoprix in Lorient for needed villa dinner provisions - additional bottle of Bolly (per Kevin’s instructions) for second half foie gras, Spanish charcuterie, and a Saint-Marcellin.
Highly recommend new Monoprix.

Day 3

View attachment 67737

Amazed to see Sunday Night NFL on large screen at Le Glacier last nite walking back to the car.
View attachment 67738

Channeled Mr Dennis today and had salade à la langouste at LTBC. Tartare de thon pour Mme Cassidain and frites à partager. First time to do the navette down. Fun and chic. Lots of little things proclaim well-run establishment. Got back to villa just as bottom dropped out of heavily laden sky. Whew !

Ran into LCL across from aéroport this morning (traffic down there is insane) to top off the bag of € and then popped into new Monoprix in Lorient for needed villa dinner provisions - additional bottle of Bolly (per Kevin’s instructions) for second half foie gras, Spanish charcuterie, and a Saint-Marcellin.
Cass are you sure those aren't my feet?

Hi Hank,
I really enjoy the LTBC the past few visits to St. Barth. I am sure the Mrs. enjoyed the Tartare de thon, one of my favorites. How can anyone go wrong dining with Dennis. Monoprix is the best!

Day 3

View attachment 67737

View attachment 67738

So glad that it was a happy experience! And so true— many “little things” make a difference!

Day 3

Coup de chapeau to Daddy BG for discovery of trip (so far). Fish Corner for lunch. Kind of strangely located in a passage next to Bar de l’Oubli, the place nonetheless has a certain charm about it. Service was very personable and attentive, and the cuisine was fresh and well prepared. We’ll certainly return.
IMG_1457.jpeg

Carpaccio de Wahoo with truffles and Tartare de Mahi tacos to start. Both were a treat for the senses.

Heading to Tamarin tonight for our first ever dinner there. An A&P recommendation, they concede the restaurant has had its ups and downs over the years but promise the current iteration is hitting on all cylinders.

• Heart
Reactions: JEK
Glad you liked Fish Corner. I adore the Capaccio de Wahoo, feast for the senses for sure. You will enjoy Tamarin, take time to stroll the grounds, they are lovely. P&A never disappoint.

IMG_5618.jpeg

Beautifully presented Vespers at Tamarin.
Our first time there. Not sure why we were always skeptical, but our experience this evening was all good. As everyone has always said, the gardens, the ambiance are quite seductive. There were ample layers of service. All well-oiled and discreet. The cuisine was of the same high standard.
Remerciements to A&P for their encouragement to give it a try. :)
Final note, our very attentive principal serveur was most appreciative of a 30€ pourboire on a 340 something € tab.

• Heart
Cassidain: Hasn’t Tamarin existed in several iterations over the years though
JEK: Yes, and I’ve never been disappointed.

Grand merci à JEK aussi :)

• Heart
Day 4

It’s 9h20 and Mme Cassidain mentioned a ti punch. When I raised an eyebrow she retorted, ok, rosay all day, then ! :oops:

We’ll head out on foot at 11h00 from Vitet to make our 12h00 Ti Corail réservation in plenty of time.

À suivre…

View attachment 67752
Beautifully presented Vespers at Tamarin.
Our first time there. Not sure why we were always skeptical, but our experience this evening was all good. As everyone has always said, the gardens, the ambiance are quite seductive. There were ample layers of service. All well-oiled and discreet. The cuisine was of the same high standard.
Remerciements to A&P for their encouragement to give it a try. :)
Final note, our very attentive principal serveur was most appreciative of a 30€ pourboire on a 340 something € tab.
Moi j'ai toujours aime Tamarin, mais je suis Francaise donc qui sait....

Day 4

It’s 9h20 and Mme Cassidain mentioned a ti punch. When I raised an eyebrow she retorted, ok, rosay all day, then ! :oops:

We’ll head out on foot at 11h00 from Vitet to make our 12h00 Ti Corail réservation in plenty of time.

À suivre…
That's what I would call "dropping in" for lunch!
Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 8.52.24 AM.jpg

I really like Yann, Camille and Tristan at Ti' Corail. They work their butts off and do an amazing job. The views of Grand cul de sac are intoxicating while dining. Enjoy!

Btw, we sat in « covered » dining room, which was fine. Tables in gardens seemed more for groups. Where do others like to be seated?

Good table. The ponds are more interesting during the daytime, but Tamarin hasn't served lunch in years. There are natural mosquito control features in the ponds, including lemongrass, dragonflies (libellule), and small fish. There are turtles in there too.