Looking for lunch recommendation for tomorrow, March 24

Aew-sk

SBH Member
Hi all,
We are down for our annual 10 day visit. This is about our 23rd time to SBH. We are looking for a nice lunch spot for tomorrow. Maybe a place with seafood/lobster salad. Atmosphere is nice, but good food is more important. Last year I had a great lobster salad at the Sand Bar. But the price seemed a bit obscene. Anyway, looking for advice here.
Thanks so much.
AWS

Try Baz Bar! They are doing lunch this season with Thai notes and traditional sushi. Very good. Walk in no reservation needed. Most other places may be booked.

Had lunch at le rivage on cul de sac on Wednesday and it was fantastic. Beautiful view of the water, great ambiance, food and service. And thankfully no heart thumping music to accompany your meal!

Fish Corner lobster salad...1/2 cold lobster with greens...excellent on 3/13 our day ashore from Windstar Pride, also there in 2019 when on SBH for our last villa rental.

Fish Corner lobster salad...1/2 cold lobster with greens...excellent on 3/13 our day ashore from Windstar Pride, also there in 2019 when on SBH for our last villa rental.
Ti’ Corail. Will not disappoint. See you on the beach.

You can't go wrong with Santa Fe. Great food, great view, great vibe. And you can choose your own lobster right from the tank!

You can never go wrong with Santa Fe.

Thank you for a great idea to go to Le Rivage today for lunch. We had a wonderful time in the water some great bloody Mary’s and lunch was great. Sad part was when she brought the check. She asked how we would like to pay the tip and did we want to put 10 or the customary 20% on cc or cash… Now we always leave a gratuity however having read what has been posted lately about gratuities I questioned her question. She said well most Americans think the tip is included as it always is in America but it it isn’t in St Barth. I said no it’s not as we live in America. She changed her tact and said sorry she meant most Europeans think that. Again I said no we are English. She then said well you can leave what ever tip you would like…..which we did…

Thank you for a great idea to go to Le Rivage today for lunch. We had a wonderful time in the water some great bloody Mary’s and lunch was great. Sad part was when she brought the check. She asked how we would like to pay the tip and did we want to put 10 or the customary 20% on cc or cash… Now we always leave a gratuity however having read what has been posted lately about gratuities I questioned her question. She said well most Americans think the tip is included as it always is in America but it it isn’t in St Barth. I said no it’s not as we live in America. She changed her tact and said sorry she meant most Europeans think that. Again I said no we are English. She then said well you can leave what ever tip you would like…..which we did…

i think your story plus Mr Dennis’ a while back have put a big no way ​next to this restaurant’s name for me. that’s despicable behavior.

I really hate hearing this. As we have talked about on this forum so many times before, no one wants to feel like a chump. The new normal around here lately has been to use the tip/service charge confusion to bilk (mostly Americans) for more money. It is disconcerting to say the least.

I really hate hearing this. As we have talked about on this forum so many times before, no one wants to feel like a chump. The new normal around here lately has been to use the tip/service charge confusion to bilk (mostly Americans) for more money. It is disconcerting to say the least.
Disconcerting indeed. A friend was at Tamarin Monday night as a guest of hosts familiar with the island. While they made it clear they understand service is included, they witnessed the table next to them, as he said, "get hit for the 20%." Sounds like the tourism board needs to reinstate its "surprise" restaurant visits.

Thank you all for taking the time to share your great recommendations. Alas, we ended up taking advantage of the relatively lower winds at the beach on Friday and never did make it out to lunch. It is wonderful not to be on a schedule.
In the meantime, we had a terrific dinner at Les Bananiers the other night. I’ve attached a couple of photos which are sideways for some reason.

Attachments

• 42EF0F08-AE61-4A30-B1D3-8C5B3465A566.jpg
    42EF0F08-AE61-4A30-B1D3-8C5B3465A566.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 201
  • 78812B68-B6CF-4935-8D09-F5B27EAE28D0.jpg
    78812B68-B6CF-4935-8D09-F5B27EAE28D0.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 217
The tuna tartare is outrageously delicious.

I have not had the scallops there, San Jacques. I am adding it to my needs to be tasted list.

Thank you all for taking the time to share your great recommendations. Alas, we ended up taking advantage of the relatively lower winds at the beach on Friday and never did make it out to lunch. It is wonderful not to be on a schedule.
In the meantime, we had a terrific dinner at Les Bananiers the other night. I’ve attached a couple of photos which are sideways for some unknown reason.

3F4060B6-BC18-48C3-9F43-30D143CC9AB7.jpeg
8BFC6324-ED45-49D2-90D3-531D1325012B.jpeg

In the meantime, we had a terrific dinner at Les Bananiers the other night. I’ve attached a couple of photos which are sideways for some reason.
closed our last two trips. Will make up for that in May