Hey, they're in Philly Thursday nite...so the question becomes do I stay home from the beach Friday nite?George Thorogood & The Destroyers / Buddy Guy

NYCFred

Senior Insider
George Thorogood, Elvin Bishop, Buddy Guy....

Hey, they're in Philly Thursday nite...
so the question becomes do I stay home from the beach Friday nite?

George Thorogood & The Destroyers / Buddy Guy, Elvin Bishop

Friday, August 15, 2008

Hammerstein Ballroom

Doors: 6:00 pm | Show: 7:00 pm

311 West 34th Street

New York, NY 10001

Re: George Thorogood, Elvin Bishop, Buddy Guy....

I'd walk a mile or so to see Buddy (nice guy and mentor) and George and Elvin (remember him in the Paul Butterfield blues band?) are just icing on the cake.

go to the beach....the beach time is winding down...as are those great but aging rockers who probably do not sound as good as they once did

"rockers"?? Blues, my man. Blues. And, yes, the kids in the band do the heavy lifting. Always niiice. I always like to catch them doin' what they do before they're like Muddy Waters, Paul Butterfield, Isaac Hayes, Little Walter, Willie Dixon, ... Nuttin' like it.

i spent new years eve with buddy guy (and hundreds of my closest friends) at the new orleans house of blues. he may be up in age, but the old guy can still rock the house!

<<<go to the beach....the beach time is winding down...>>>

That's a biggie...along with the Thursday delivery of $500 of cedar 2x4's for plank replacement on one of the decks...and the presence of a son in law to help...

He gets to play with the Paslode....the aging homeowner's friend...LOL

..along with the Thursday delivery of $500 of cedar 2x4's for plank replacement on one of the decks...and the presence of a son in law to help...

should have went with the Trexs ProSil...the stuff is amazing.its all I've used for decking at the house and all we use on the waterfront...I'm about to do a 10 by 30 with it...not cheap but worth every penny...totally maintenance free

<<<should have went with the Trexs ProSil...>>

GASP!! GACK!
the community used TREX or some sorta plastic wood at the bay beach, so the lil princes and princesses won't get blinters...which, IMHO, is an essential part of the Fire Island experience.
I won't use clear cedar, because it's too damn wasteful, but I ain't using plastic wood, either.

to each his own....I think the stuff rocks...and it is showing up more and more in environments where wood takes a beating and needs constant maintenance....the stuff isnt even effected by ice...my deck was encased in ice this winter...if it was wood I would have been ripping boards out....but not a board was damaged....and it looks very much like wood

Now let me get this straight. George, Elvin and Buddy are wooden. Or are they synthetic? Next hijack ... LOL, while listening to some early Thorogood

<<while listening to some early Thorogood >>

Wonder if he's still playing softball...?

nope..arthritis....LOL

Bad to the Bone..is there a better song?

I can make a rich woman beg,
I'll make a good woman steal
I'll make an old woman blush,
and make a young girl squeal

BTW, I downloaded an Elvis track, gonna come back to you music freaks and see who knows who was playing what on the track...'reconsider baby', the R+B version....

SMOKIN!

Not only do I get lessons in French and Finnish on this site. I get info that beats all. Great pix too.

Thnx,

V

PS. Find Elvin:

2757478342_0d3e84d0fb.jpg

The unfortunate part doing this scan was that I clipped off Mike Bloomfield. As a kid I struggled through guitar. Bloomfield's Telecaster rang through (not to diss Albert Collins (RIP). And then, Mike's early departure was, well, too early and a huge loss). Those days in the 60s changed my way of listening and playing. Soon after that I had to sub on bass. Never stopped playing those four strings. Thanks Jerome Arnold! Unsung heroes abound.