• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Has anyone stayed in or visited Villa REP AKA (Villa Coco) Please let me know (:GCP

Re: Villa REP (Coco)

As GregB says, I am indeed familiar with REP.

My wife and I stayed in REP over Thanksgiving, for what I believe was the very first rental of the villa. Fantastic view down the length of Lorient beach. Unique pool, which WIMCO describes as "in the shape of a snail". I prefer to think of it as being in the shape of a Nautilus shell. There is a comfortable covered outside sitting area, and comfortable chaise lounges on the deck. The dining area, which is outside but covered, is a bit on the small side for a group - should be fine for 2-4 people. We go out to dinner every night, and almost every day for lunch, so it wasn't a problem for us. The master bedroom is good sized, and we found it to be quite comfortable. We never really used the living room area. We used the kitchen mostly for making tea, but it is capable of much more.

I would definitely rent the villa again. What questions can I answer for you? Either post them here or send me a private mail.

Kevin

Thanks for the info on the Villa REP Kevin. I am travelling with my wife, 3month daughter and mother-in-law. With all this going on we will be spending alot of time in the Villa and I wanted to make sure it is comfortable. Was there satalite TV with some english channels for my mother-in-law? Again, thanks for your help.

Geopap

My wife and I found the villa to be very comfortable. The gazebo offers shade throughout most of the day, and I found the seating there to be comfortable. While we never really used the living room area, I did open the shutters one day and got a nice crossbreeze. One whole side of the living room opens onto the open dining area, which borders the deck. The fan in the living room seemed to have only one speed (high), so I just didn't use it.

There is satellite TV. I rarely use the TV in St Barth. I do recall that there was a CNN International channel in English, but don't remember any other English language channels - nor did I look for any. WIMCO might be able to give you better information on the channels available. Do be sure that the Sibarth rep shows you how to use the satellite - there was only one satellite remote, and it was in the other bedroom.

The maid, Emilie, was very good about scheduling a time to arrive each day. I believe that we agreed on 10:00. Emilie is a very nice young lady. On the first day that she arrived I used the best of my limited French, which led her to believe that my French was better than her English. We communicated well during the week despite her misconception of my linguistic skills.

Skippy the Pool Guy (all pool guys are named Skippy in my world) did come rather early, at 8:00 or earlier. He was so quiet that I never heard him, but was surprised to walk out and find him hard (and silently) at work.

Note that WIMCO may still have other pictures of the villa, in addition to the ones that are on the web site. I received pictures from WIMCO before the villa was posted on the web. The 'one picture' that sold me on the villa is not on the web site.

It is difficult to get a good feeling for the layout of the villa from the web site. The villa is in three pieces, connected by the deck. Walking down the stairway from the gated parking area, the gazebo is on your right, and the deck and pool are directly in front of you. The covered dining area, second bedroom, living room, and kitchen are to the left of the stairs, and all contained in a single building. The louvered doors behind the dining area lead into the second bedroom, which also has a doorway into the kitchen/living room area. The living room entry is open, with the kitchen seperated by a countertop. The master bedroom is immediately adjacent to the main portion of the villa, also facing onto the deck. There is ample room in the master bedroom to set up a crib for your daughter. There is also a second deck to the side of the pool, down a few steps from the gazebo area.

The third bedroom, hot tub, and additional decks and seating areas are located below the pool and master bedroom. They had not been completed when I rented the villa, nor was the hot tub operational.

Hopefully I've answered your questions and given you a better feeling for the house. We found it to be the incredible villa that the WIMCO website claims it to be.

Many thanks for the information. I hope I can return the favor sometime.

Geopap

Kevin - quick question - my wife and I r going to St barts in June and prob staying at REP - how private is the villa (ie are there villas very close to the left or right back/front etc) and is the view as good as it looks on the WIMCO site? Can you hear the waves? Thanks!

There are a couple of pics of Villa Coco in Conde Nast this month and a little spread on St Barth. Can't tell much of the layout though,..models are in the way...

The article does little to show the villa. I wrote the article off as someone's excuse to visit SBH during the season, while getting the trip paid for by the magazine.

You cannot hear the waves from REP - too high up. There are no villas on either side, but there is one above it.

I'm curious, which Conde Nast publication contains the pictures. I've rented the house in November and am trying to convince some friends to join us. I bet if they see it in a magazine, they'll be in.

That's great information about the villa my family member's are going in September to visit this Villa because they hear that this Villa is good for the visiting that's why 5 day stay there..

That's great information about the villa my family member's are going in September to visit this Villa because they hear that this Villa is good for the visiting that's why 5 day stay there..

Kasi are you aware this "information" is over 10 years old?