Got dessert? Check the pantry!

JEK

Senior Insider
My pastry chef daughter found a couple of simple ingredients and we had a super dessert tongiht!

1276049923-bakers.jpg

Attachments

• bakers.jpg
    bakers.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 60
Looks like you probably ate the finished product before anyone could say PHOTO SVP--

If you are lucky enough for an encore, please post

My sister took a pic with her iPhone!
1276087842-photo-21.jpg

Attachments

• photo-21.jpg
    photo-21.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 60
Original Recipe Yield 8 servings, 1/2 molten cake each
Ingredients

4 (1 ounce) squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
1/2 cup butter
1 cup powdered sugar
2 eggs
2 egg yolks
6 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
Directions

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Butter 4 (3/4-cup) custard cups or souffle dishes. Place on baking sheet.
Microwave chocolate and 1/2 cup butter in large microwavable bowl on HIGH 1 min. or until butter is melted. Stir with wire whisk until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in sugar until well blended. Whisk in eggs and egg yolks. Stir in flour. Divide batter between prepared custard cups.
Bake 13 to 14 min. or until sides are firm but centers are soft. Let stand 1 min. Carefully run small knife around cakes to loosen. Invert cakes onto dessert dishes. Serve immediately each topped with 1 Tbsp. of whipped topping.
Footnotes

Size-Wise
Looking for the perfect dessert for a group of chocoholics? One serving of these indulgent molten cakes will hit the spot.
Make Ahead
Batter can be made a day ahead. Pour into prepared custard cups. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate. Bake as directed.

two peas in a pod-your sister is exhibiting JEK traits!!

Well done.

In a word-yumalicious!!

I trained her yesterday on photos, email and texting as she is new to the iPhone.

That cake looks delicious and the recipe seems pretty straightforward. I may give this a shot. I need to find some custard cups or figure out what I could use that would approximate. Would a muffin pan work, you think?

I'm going to skip the cool whip, though and probably go with the real stuff.

Grey said:
That cake looks delicious and the recipe seems pretty straightforward. I may give this a shot. I need to find some custard cups or figure out what I could use that would approximate. Would a muffin pan work, you think?

I'm going to skip the cool whip, though and probably go with the real stuff.

You can buy packages of aluminum muffin cups- nothing sticks

My chef says that those will not work -- hard to butter and hard if not impossible to remove. Plus, all those wrinkles would take away from the beauty of the cake.

I agree about the wrinkles but I use these occasionally and I spray with butter spray- I don't "butter" them.

Yes, I live in a NYC apartment with NYC-type storage space so it's preferable for me to use what I already have but it sounds like in this case that's a question mark.

Chef says to try the muffin pans as long as they are for large muffins and perhaps adjust the time down a bit. the point is to under cook this cake of course.

The cool thing about this cake is we always have the ingredients in the pantry and the fridge.

I think that is what piqued my interest -- I hate buying a ton of ingredients to use for one recipe. I think I have just about everything except for the whipped cream. But it's going to be a few weeks because I plan for my indulgences ahead of time.