Getting Our Island Groove On

cassidain

Senior Insider
Day 2

Regaled in a long, languid Al Mare luncheon bathed in delicious tradewind breezes and in the equally delicious company of a celebrity island couple.

Late afternoon, returned from LCdPF with very promising bottles Grand Cru Champagne, Meursault, and Côté-Rôtie to accompany villa meals.

Arrived in town around 19h15 to find les rues looking like le parkings and nary a spot to even consider leaving the car, so we pulled up the hill beside L’Isola and left it in charge of their valet. We were happy to find a couple of bar seats open, and Mme Cassidain was enamored with her view of the “very cute” pair of dark, handsome Italian barmen. They are also very charming and good at their job. :cool:
I tried their Negroni Al Caffe for the first time, and I can highly recommend it. Dinner was superb as always, and the place was jammin’ with a well-heeled, attractive crowd. Our island fave hands down.

About to head into town for 8h30 mass then provisioning at Le Daily for a villa pique-nique.

À suivre …

IMG_5516.jpeg

Chunk-o-FoieGras

Day 2

Regaled in a long, languid Al Mare luncheon bathed in delicious tradewind breezes and in the equally delicious company of a celebrity island couple.

Late afternoon, returned from LCdPF with very promising bottles Grand Cru Champagne, Meursault, and Côté-Rôtie to accompany villa meals.

Arrived in town around 19h15 to find les rues looking like le parkings and nary a spot to even consider leaving the car, so we pulled up the hill beside L’Isola and left it in charge of their valet. We were happy to find a couple of bar seats open, and Mme Cassidain was enamored with her view of the “very cute” pair of dark, handsome Italian barmen. They are also very charming and good at their job. :cool:
I tried their Negroni Al Caffe for the first time, and I can highly recommend it. Dinner was superb as always, and the place was jammin’ with a well-heeled, attractive crowd. Our island fave hands down.

About to head into town for 8h30 mass then provisioning at Le Daily for a villa pique-nique.

À suivre …
Life is good!

Day 2 concluded with a drive into Saint-Jean (where we were fortunate to find a parking spot in the little Sayolita lot), a tour of La Guérite and Nikki (thump, thump, thump), a reconnaissance of ER valet and lounge situation, then an affordable and tasty dinner at Le Piment. We’ve been to Le Piment many times, but not enough to be remembered year to year. We always have to retrain them that I don’t want to passer à l’Anglais and that we’re going to manage dinner at our own pace…no, for example, I’m not going to order dinner when you just brought my Ricard. But, it’s a largely local vibe (like its sister Le Bouchon) with obviously some tourists thrown in. There was a young American couple seated next us who were completely uninitiated and unable to manage the situation. They were not very nice anyway but got kind of chewed up and left unhappy.
Upon leaving, I handed la serveuse a 10€ note (on a 139€ tab) and she was very appreciative. Proving that your 5-10% pourboire can still buy you a bit of love in some establishments. :cool:
Our ER reconnaissance was not happenstance, as we plan to do as a certain island boulevardier does and use their valet and enticing lounge for parking and cocktails before trotting back up to Zion for our first dinner there later this week.
À suivre…

Our ER reconnaissance was not happenstance, as we plan to do as a certain island boulevardier does and use their valet and enticing lounge for parking and cocktails before trotting back up to Zion for our first dinner there later this week.
À suivre…
Make sure to tell the valet of your plans and perhaps tip before and after. They may not be as tolerant of you as another more recognizable boulevardier😘

Day 2 concluded with a drive into Saint-Jean (where we were fortunate to find a parking spot in the little Sayolita lot), a tour of La Guérite and Nikki (thump, thump, thump), a reconnaissance of ER valet and lounge situation, then an affordable and tasty dinner at Le Piment. We’ve been to Le Piment many times, but not enough to be remembered year to year. We always have to retrain them that I don’t want to passer à l’Anglais and that we’re going to manage dinner at our own pace…no, for example, I’m not going to order dinner when you just brought my Ricard. But, it’s a largely local vibe (like its sister Le Bouchon) with obviously some tourists thrown in. There was a young American couple seated next us who were completely uninitiated and unable to manage the situation. They were not very nice anyway but got kind of chewed up and left unhappy.
Upon leaving, I handed la serveuse a 10€ note (on a 139€ tab) and she was very appreciative. Proving that your 5-10% pourboire can still buy you a bit of love in some establishments. :cool:
À suivre…
. . . becoming a “local!”